Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th January 2021 06:00 PM

Placed an order for The Good Die Young, The Decameron, Nosferatu the Vampyre, Year of the Sex Olympics and A Bestiary of the Creatures on cd to make it over the £20 free delivery target.

Half of the discs say dispatched in 1-2 months and my delivery date is the end of Feb / early March. That's fine. Means i'm not paying for them now.

Nordicdusk 28th January 2021 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230917

This was up for pre order on Zavvi was it not released last year? Ordered it anyway.

Justin101 28th January 2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 645047)
Attachment 230917

This was up for pre order on Zavvi was it not released last year? Ordered it anyway.

It's the new non-limited version, I don't think it'll have the slip cover. They announced it this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Nordicdusk 28th January 2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 645048)
It's the new non-limited version, I don't think it'll have the slip cover. They announced it this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thanks Justin i take it the limited edition had individual cases and this doesn't or am i wrong.

Justin101 28th January 2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 645053)
Thanks Justin i take it the limited edition had individual cases and this doesn't or am i wrong.

No, it was one slim case with a slip and the booklet is 48 pages. This new one looks exactly the same, just no slip, a 20 page booklet, and now is on one of those Criterion style cases!

Nordicdusk 28th January 2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 645058)
No, it was one slim case with a slip and the booklet is 48 pages. This new one looks exactly the same, just no slip, a 20 page booklet, and now is on one of those Criterion style cases!

Thanks again it wouldn't if taken me much effort to research that myself really would it :lol:

MuckyFunster 29th January 2021 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ooo shiny! Arrived today from Deff. Bought it once I realised how quickly it was going OOP!

Attachment 230925

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trebor8273 29th January 2021 05:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today's arrivals

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th January 2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 645151)
Today's arrivals

Just finished watching another episode of Poirot, Treb. The Adventure of the Cheap Flat - involving the FBI and stolen plans from the US Navy. It's similar in a way to the John Wayne film Brannigan and also The Young Americans with Harvey Keitel. Goes without saying that Poirot doesn't think much of the Feds.

Loving it!

J Harker 30th January 2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 644982)
Three from Sainsbury's.

The new Jackie Chan release was only £6, Charlie's Angels £4 and I Spit £3. I have said i wasn't going to bother with I Spit as it was too long at two and a half hours but £3 is neither here nor there really. Might be pretty good. Who knows?

@MuckyFunster - My Sainsbury's was stocked as normal. It's a week since your post saying the assistant was removing discs from shelves to send back to the suppliers. Not happening up here it seems. The new Picard dvd had sold out on dvd so someone somewhere is clearly buying discs still.

Perhaps the person you spoke to was misinformed, messing with you or simply having a bad day.

My local Sainsburies has stopped selling dvds/blus/cds/games. Books only now. But the larger store down in Newport still has a fairly extensive physical media section and has had an Argos instore for a few years now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk