Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 30th January 2021 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blue sunshine

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2021 02:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Three more from Sainsbury's.

Nordicdusk 30th January 2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 645209)
Three more from Sainsbury's.

Interested to hear your take on Unhinged.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 645212)
Interested to hear your take on Unhinged.

Did you like it?

I'm hoping it's a reasonable exploiter with Crowe going all Nic Cage on someone's ass.

Nordicdusk 30th January 2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 645214)
Did you like it?

I'm hoping it's a reasonable exploiter with Crowe going all Nic Cage on someone's ass.

I really enjoyed it sort of feels like a documentary about a day in the life of Russel Crowe :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 645215)
I really enjoyed it sort of feels like a documentary about a day in the life of Russel Crowe :lol:

Haha! Might watch it tonight. Although i might leave it a while. I've had too many late nights and my sleep pattern is currently f*cked up. I always feel shattered at about 8pm and can't concentrate. Thanks lockdown

Dave 30th January 2021 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just arrived from Diabolik 🧟

Attachment 230958

trebor8273 30th January 2021 07:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Arrived today

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2021 01:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Although I'm not sure if I've mentioned any of these before, these are the latest Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD releases which have arrived over the last week or so:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 645347)
Although I'm not sure if I've mentioned any of these before, these are the latest Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD releases which have arrived over the last week or so:

I didn't get the hate for Ghostbusters. Although it isn't anywhere near in the same class as the Ivan Reitman film, I thought it was entertaining enough and this was pretty cheap from eBay. Fantastic Beasts is visually stunning with, from memory, a great soundstage, so I was pleased to find a cheap 4K release on eBay and given the cheap Blu-ray I bought a few weeks ago my mum. The Meg was similarly reasonably priced for a fairly new 4K Ultra HD release and I thought the film was fun and would benefit from the better picture and sound quality on this format.

I think I've only seen Blind Date once; I've had the Hollywood DVD release since 2014 and know it's been a long time since I've seen it because I can't remember anything about the film! Darkroom was a blind buy, purely because I have all the others in the Slasher Classics Collection and the synopsis sounds interesting.

Tammy and the T-Rex looks like an oddity, if only for the title because I looked at the disc yesterday and the title which appears on screen is Tanny and the Teenage T-Rex and Denise Richards is credited as playing Tanny. It'll be interesting to listen to the commentary and find out why the title on the packaging and poster artwork doesn't mention Tanny.