Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th March 2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 648764)
Magic, thanks! [emoji2]

They’re all quite expensive compared to a regular old region B [emoji848] and I wonder how many US Blus I’m actually likely to buy! Can’t help but be curious as to the movies it’ll open up for me. The F13th box set being the only one that’s really making me want to take the leap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do UK bluray players play dvd's from all regions? Some people say yes others say no. That's something i'd have to take into consideration.

From what i understand they aren't multiregion for dvd.

MuckyFunster 28th March 2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 648765)
Do UK bluray players play dvd's from all regions? Some people say yes others say no. That's something i'd have to take into consideration.

My current Sony blu ray player only plays Region 2 dvds. I have a load of region 1s, including 8 series of King of the hill plus creepshow, which I haven’t been able to watch in years!

Justin101 28th March 2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 648764)
Magic, thanks! [emoji2]

They’re all quite expensive compared to a regular old region B [emoji848] and I wonder how many US Blus I’m actually likely to buy! Can’t help but be curious as to the movies it’ll open up for me. The F13th box set being the only one that’s really making me want to take the leap.

I was on the fence for ages, I'm glad I took the plunge, I don't buy loads of Region A BDs but not having to worry about if my player will work or not makes it worth it.

I didn't buy a really expensive model either, just this one. Make it your treat for this month and buy discs next time :)

https://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=SON...&choice_type=1

nosferatu42 28th March 2021 04:31 PM

Thats the one i've got. (or one very similar, it looks the same.)
Had mine about 3 years and its still working well.

gag 29th March 2021 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this this morning, I’ve just gone and ordered the other 2 on blu ray for average of £2,50 each.

Demoncrat 29th March 2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 648746)
Been watching a lot of Red Letter Media videos recently and thought, as they're always going on about it, it was time to get it.

Attachment 232204

Shervan RULES!!

ENJOY!!!

Nordicdusk 29th March 2021 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 232221

Just in.

Mojo 29th March 2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 648765)

My Panasonic Blu Ray player ( and previous Pioneer one ) is multiregion for both Blu rays and dvds.
The Blu-ray region setting has to be changed by remote and dvds are automatically multiregion.

gag 29th March 2021 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This got delivered, and first thing I did was sigh thinking wtf has she been buying now, she then said it’s for you, ok fair enough that’s nice of her was just surprised at size of the box, if you was to see a box this size what would you think ?
See next post.

gag 29th March 2021 12:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It’s this as usual companies go overboard with packaging, thank you Sam.