Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 14th April 2021 12:13 PM

Arrived this morning boys from the Blackstuff series, classic tv.

Susan Foreman 14th April 2021 01:15 PM

From the Arrow sale:
Blanche - £8:00 and 'Immoral Tales' £8:00. I now have all the separate films from the Borowczyk set (apart from the early shorts and animated films which I'm not really interested in) in dual version

From Amazon Marketplace:
  • Sister Street Fighter Collection - 2 disc Blu-Ray set - £5:73
  • Doctor Who: Enemy Of The World - 2 disc Special Edition - £5:49 [The case is smashed to buggery, which is disappointing, but I'm sure I can find a replacement amongst the titles I have got to get rid of]

Sainsburys;
Ralph Breaks The Internet - DVD - £3:00

CHARITY SHOPS [Yes, they are open again] :woot:
I got the following DVD titles for a grand total of £2:00
  • The Untouchables - DePalma film version
  • Lady Chatterley - Artificial Eye release
  • I Am Curious Yellow / I Am Curious Blue - Double film set
  • The Big Bird Cage - Roger Corman
  • Virgin Witch
  • The Tempest - Derek Jarman
  • Kingsman: The Secret Service
  • WWE One Night Stand 2007
  • Hound Of The Baskervilles - BBCTV version from 2002 with Richard Roxburgh, Ian Hart and Richard E. Grant

Demoncrat 15th April 2021 11:30 AM

Nice haul Suze!!

Ooooh, I got a dvd myself.

It is Zoombies :lol:, which will either be terrible or a hoot, twas only 50p for all that (went into work to start reticketing the stock for eventual reopening at the end of the month ... fingers crossed)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2021 12:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Shopping splurge today.

The Dirty Harry Collection from Sainsbury's, Sator was £3 from Asda (Excellent write up from Kim Newman in the latest Empire mag) and a copy of The Dark Side from WH Smith.

The other six are all new rather than 'replay' buys from Poundland. I didn't realise Poundland had the Bonds in sporadically on blu. I wasn't going to replace my dvd's as they all look great but at £2 a film i'm happy to slowly collect them again...especially as all the spines match. :lol:

Justin101 15th April 2021 12:47 PM

Uh-oh the floodgates have been opened :lol: :rockon:

Demoncrat 15th April 2021 12:53 PM

Indeed.

I've picked up a few decent BDs in the land of pound over the years certainly ..... :nod::pop2::)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 649876)

Haha! :pound: Not really. I've been through a fair bit of my dvd collection and made a list of those i really want to upgrade - Jurassic World was one of them - and there aren't that many to be honest. Bond has always been a fave so there was no way i was passing them up at that price. San Andreas is one of the better action films of recent years. I've watched the dvd twice and loved it both times. It's my kind of brainless popcorn entertainment. Rise of the Silver Surfer? I don't know, i've always liked those two Fantastic Four films and the Surfer is one of my favourite comic book characters.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 649876)

Oh FFS!

You're probably right. Especially when it comes to cult stuff from the likes of Arrow, Shout, Eureka, BFI, 88, Severin....

Rik 15th April 2021 01:01 PM

“One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us” :lol: :lol:

gag 15th April 2021 01:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fancied a new game to play for ps4 so went local cash convertor a or what ever it’s called,

Got a game never heard it so has anyone played it,

Daymare 1998 some kinda zombie game, £15
It comes with a some stickers and 3 postcards .

While there picked up these blu rays for £2 each

Not seen Mother’s Day or we still steal the old way.

And boxset of Father brown on dvd for Sam series 1-4 for £2