Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Dave Boy 15th April 2021 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 232588

This was always a US release, and for some reason I never picked it up or it was always too expensive on ebay etc..
New UK release and about bloody time!! Picked up from HMV this morning. First time out to the shops in ages!

g053584398 15th April 2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649875)
Shopping splurge today.

The Dirty Harry Collection from Sainsbury's, Sator was £3 from Asda (Excellent write up from Kim Newman in the latest Empire mag) and a copy of The Dark Side from WH Smith.

The other six are all new rather than 'replay' buys from Poundland. I didn't realise Poundland had the Bonds in sporadically on blu. I wasn't going to replace my dvd's as they all look great but at £2 a film i'm happy to slowly collect them again...especially as all the spines match. :lol:

Did they have any other Bond films on Blu-ray such as Licence to Kill, A View to a Kill or Octopussy?

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 649916)
Did they have any other Bond films on Blu-ray such as Licence to Kill, A View to a Kill or Octopussy?

No. I'd have bought them all if they'd had them. :lol:

They had more than one copy of each though. I'll keep checking every so often for any more.

Justin101 15th April 2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649905)

At least Horror Express is cracker!! :)

J Harker 15th April 2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649905)

Excellent disc Dem. Was like watching it for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 649925)
Excellent disc Dem. Was like watching it for the first time.

All these years i've had the pan and scan Cinema Club release which was the best it ever looked until Severin? released a dual format edition in the States several years ago. I knew once Arrow released it that it would be the first thing i ordered when i bought a blu-ray player.

nosferatu42 16th April 2021 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today from Wow HD, just under 2 weeks to arrive in case anyone was wondering about delivery times.:cool:

Attachment 232615

Demoncrat 16th April 2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649938)
All these years i've had the pan and scan Cinema Club release which was the best it ever looked until Severin? released a dual format edition in the States several years ago. I knew once Arrow released it that it would be the first thing i ordered when i bought a blu-ray player.

I have a German BD which wasn't the massive improvement I was hoping for ahem. The Arrow one ... sighs .... IS. :nod::nod::nod:

Nordicdusk 16th April 2021 07:16 PM

@Dem

When i started collecting Blu Ray first i promised myself id only upgrade films i really loved a few thousand purchases later that plan has gone out the window :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th April 2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 650021)
@Dem

When i started collecting Blu Ray first i promised myself id only upgrade films i really loved a few thousand purchases later that plan has gone out the window :lol:

Similarly, when I bought my 4K TV and 4K Ultra HD player, I said I would only buy 4K discs of films I didn't have on any other format. That lasted until the first 3 for £30 offer I saw! :lol: