Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 16th April 2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649938)
All these years i've had the pan and scan Cinema Club release which was the best it ever looked until Severin? released a dual format edition in the States several years ago. I knew once Arrow released it that it would be the first thing i ordered when i bought a blu-ray player.

Love to hear your verdict when you get round to giving the disc a spin. I had it on an awful cheapo UK dvd.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th April 2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 650021)
@Dem

When i started collecting Blu Ray first i promised myself id only upgrade films i really loved a few thousand purchases later that plan has gone out the window :lol:

Luckily for me there are plenty of films released on blu only to be going on with.

I really don't need to upgrade that many dvd's i don't think. I was going to upgrade The Devil's Nightmare as my Redemption dvd is a bit crap but it's out of stock via Arrow's store.

2 Headed Shark Attack and an episode of The Professionals both looked really good upscaled on the BD player so whilst i still have a tiny screen (42") i don't need to upgrade things.

Nordicdusk 16th April 2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 650027)
Similarly, when I bought my 4K TV and 4K Ultra HD player, I said I would only buy 4K discs of films I didn't have on any other format. That lasted until the first 3 for £30 offer I saw! :lol:

The way she goes Dem will be posting a simular post pretty soon with Blu Rays :lol:

MrBarlow 17th April 2021 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived from Arrow, was gutted that only got one thing, all the other movies that I saw were sold out, talk about teasing a guy with sales :pound:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...1&d=1618669988

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th April 2021 02:37 PM

Vaccine retail therapy # 2

1 Attachment(s)
Flash Gordon from Sainsbury's today.

Nordicdusk 17th April 2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 650099)
Flash Gordon from Sainsbury's today.

You succumbed to temptation :nono:

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th April 2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 650126)
You succumbed to temptation :nono:

Thought i better seeing as i was given that glorious coffee table book on the film for Christmas.

I'm keeping hold of my dvd steel book edition though.

Justin101 18th April 2021 08:16 AM

The remaster is stunning so it's worth it!
I plan to get the 4k at some point but I only recently watched it so it'd just go into the collection unwatched if I bought it now.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th April 2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 650131)
I plan to get the 4k at some point but I only recently watched it so it'd just go into the collection unwatched if I bought it now.

I'm the same as I would like the 4K Ultra HD but I haven't watched the 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray since 2013! It's long overdue a rewatch because it's tough to warrant spending money on the 4K release of a film I have, at least recently, watched so infrequently.

Justin101 18th April 2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 650134)
I'm the same as I would like the 4K Ultra HD but I haven't watched the 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray since 2013! It's long overdue a rewatch because it's tough to warrant spending money on the 4K release of a film I have, at least recently, watched so infrequently.

I rented the 4k stream from iTunes, and not to rock the boat, the HDR is so good, all those reds and golds from Ming's Palace really pop off the screen, and if it looked that good on a stream I can't imagine how nice the actual full bitrate disc looks. :pop2: