Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

marvinnashsear 21st April 2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 650405)
1 delivery today.:pop2:

Attachment 232694

Uk vhs viewers may remember this cover.

Attachment 232695

I remember renting this in about 1990. I quite enjoyed it but then again I was 9. That DVD is the uncut version apparently. The video was cut to shreds. Although I prefer the VHS cover.

nosferatu42 22nd April 2021 05:09 AM

Yep, i must have been about 14 when i saw it, i couldn't remember much but the uk cover always stuck in my mind, the picture on the dvd cover is pants in comparison.

nosferatu42 22nd April 2021 09:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Earlier this year i said to myself, right i'm not gonna buy many films as i've got loads to watch n all that, didn't get hardly anything Feb and March, but i've fell of the wagon seriously over the last 2 weeks and bought 18 films.:rolleyes:

Ah well, i put it down to feeling a bit more optimistic, with shops opening and having the jab, i just want to let off a bit of steam from being inside for so long.
Still waiting for a few to appear but this turned up today.

Attachment 232714

For pre cert fans it's this film.

Attachment 232715

Always wanted to see it but could never find a decent copy as it's hardly been released properly or the copies are too expensive, this dvd is apparently uncut.
Just had a look and unfortunately not widescreen, although the picture looks ok but not really remastered, still it'll do for me.:pop2:

gag 22nd April 2021 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These 2 arrives this morning .

gag 22nd April 2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 650470)
Earlier this year i said to myself, right i'm not gonna buy many films as i've got loads to watch n all that, didn't get hardly anything Feb and March, but i've fell of the wagon seriously over the last 2 weeks and bought 18 films.:rolleyes:

Ah well, i put it down to feeling a bit more optimistic, with shops opening and having the jab, i just want to let off a bit of steam from being inside for so long.
Still waiting for a few to appear but this turned up today.

Attachment 232714

For pre cert fans it's this film.

Attachment 232715

Always wanted to see it but could never find a decent copy as it's hardly been released properly or the copies are too expensive, this dvd is apparently uncut.
Just had a look and unfortunately not widescreen, although the picture looks ok but not really remastered, still it'll do for me.:pop2:

Nice, I've been meaning to get this.

trebor8273 22nd April 2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 650405)
1 delivery today.:pop2:

Attachment 232694

Uk vhs viewers may remember this cover.

Attachment 232695

the uk artwork was a big reason i rented it, would not of touched it with a barge-pole with that other artwork.

MrBarlow 22nd April 2021 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived :woot:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...1&d=1619089064

nosferatu42 22nd April 2021 11:22 AM

Be interested to hear what people make of Spookies that have never seen it, I really like it but i rented it on VHS when it came out, so you know rose tinted glasses n that.

It's very 80's.:cool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd April 2021 12:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New arrivals from Arrow and 101 Films

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd April 2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 650496)
Be interested to hear what people make of Spookies that have never seen it, I really like it but i rented it on VHS when it came out, so you know rose tinted glasses n that.

It's very 80's.:cool:

I don't think i've seen it but do remember seeing it on video shop shelves so it's possible i did rent it way back. I do know i've never owned it.

To be honest i'm expecting it to be inoffensive comedy tat on a similar level to Graveyard Disturbance.

I really bought it as an extra for the VIPCO documentary.