Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th May 2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 652021)
Just got the two disc Arrow blu of Oldboy for £3 in Sainsburies. The only Arrow title but they did have a few other films there for that price too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A warning!

Don't do what i did and rush out to your local Sainsbury's for £3 blu's.

My store has ZERO blu's at that price. Nor any copies of Old Boy. :mmph:

J Harker 13th May 2021 06:53 PM

Sorry to hear that Dem. Must be shifting local stock or something. It did appear to be the last copy of Oldboy.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th May 2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 652057)
Sorry to hear that Dem. Must be shifting local stock or something. It did appear to be the last copy of Oldboy.

I'll check out the Burnley store next Tuesday, but my hopes aren't high. We never got the £5 American Werewolf disc that someone mentioned. Another Wales only release i think. :lol:

J Harker 13th May 2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652058)
I'll check out the Burnley store next Tuesday, but my hopes aren't high. We never got the £5 American Werewolf disc that someone mentioned. Another Wales only release i think. [emoji38]

Yeah that was me too. Same store as well.
Just be grateful you can still get a litre of Grants for £15 over there in Englishland.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th May 2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 652060)
Yeah that was me too. Same store as well.
Just be grateful you can still get a litre of Grants for £15 over there in Englishland.

£16. Been that price for about 12 months now.

J Harker 13th May 2021 09:03 PM

Welsh law means it's a minimum of £20 a litre here.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th May 2021 10:29 PM

It's exactly a month ago - April 13th that i got the blu-ray player and a quick count up of new blu-ray discs bought in that period is 56.

Fifty bloody six! :whip:

MrBarlow 13th May 2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652088)
It's exactly a month ago - April 13th that i got the blu-ray player and a quick count up of new blu-ray discs bought in that period is 56.

Fifty bloody six! :whip:

Be thankful Dem two years ago HMV had a sale on 5 Blu-Ray movies for £30 and I was passing that shop every week :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th May 2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 652089)
Be thankful Dem two years ago HMV had a sale on 5 Blu-Ray movies for £30 and I was passing that shop every week :lol:

Ouch!

With the box sets bought - Resident Evil, Dirty Harry, Seagal, X-Men and Evil Dead (Arrives tomorrow) actual new films will be getting nearer the ton.

I'll never laugh at Trebor again.

J Harker 13th May 2021 10:44 PM

If I remember rightly the reason you kept citing for intentionally staying in the dark ages was fear of spending.