Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th May 2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 652561)
I'll be doing the same, you pay in advance with 101 so I'll buy it closer to the release date. I prefer to buy direct to support the companies (in most cases).

There was a press release from them today wasn't there saying the Spookies limited edition had almost sold out.

That didn't last very long.

Keep thinking about the Anthrax slasher. Is there a booklet with it?

Nordicdusk 20th May 2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652563)
There was a press release from them today wasn't there saying the Spookies limited edition had almost sold out.

Spookies was sold out when i went on their site tonight.

MrBarlow 20th May 2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 652565)
Spookies was sold out when i went on their site tonight.

That always happens Nordi, many times I gone to order something and it's sold out, lost count how many times I have kicked myself.

Justin101 20th May 2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652563)

Nope just the disc in the box, it's part of their normal range so nothing fancy.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th May 2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 652571)
Nope just the disc in the box, it's part of their normal range so nothing fancy.

Cool. No rush then. I can wait for a sale.

Nordicdusk 20th May 2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 652569)
That always happens Nordi, many times I gone to order something and it's sold out, lost count how many times I have kicked myself.

I grabbed it when it released it was just next to Hell Night in the limited blu rays and it had sold out on it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th May 2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 652574)
I grabbed it when it released it was just next to Hell Night in the limited blu rays and it had sold out on it.

Why on earth is it £2 more than Spookies was. That had a second disc with a feature length doc too.

Nordicdusk 20th May 2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652575)
Why on earth is it £2 more than Spookies was. That had a second disc with a feature length doc too.

Seems a bit odd maybe they think Hell Night might have more of an appeal and sell more copies.

marvinnashsear 20th May 2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 652547)
It's probably an open matte. I'll watch the TV version in a few weeks time, it has some different takes, a couple of extended bits to pad the running time and probably dubbed over bad language!

Did you watch the Theatrical version yet? The sex scene in the pool house shows the original framing, they had to zoom in slightly to avoid any male nudity, this remaster is the first time it's been framed in full and is therefore the only 'uncut' version of the movie released so far.

Yeah, it definitely is open matte but it's really noticeable. I haven't watched the film again yet, just been dipping in and out of the 2 cuts. Yeah, I heard about that zoom. They're fine with the female nudity but show a dude and they lose their shit. I remember Ferman saying "they cut the sex and we cut the violence". Also, I'd like to see more TV versions as an extra. I'd love The Last Boy Scout cos it was hilarious. But the holy grail for me would be the complete TV cut of Scarface. I remember it was on UK Gold back in the 90's and it was fascinating and horrifying at the same time. The Monster Squad I'd like too. Channel 5 showed it and even with the padding out it was still under 70 minutes.

Justin101 21st May 2021 07:02 AM

I have the TV cut off Mallrats to get around to at some point as well. I like having them included as an extra more and more these days, a lot of times they are the first time we got to see a film so it has a nostalgic value. Other times it's just a glimpse into the American TV network mentality.

It got to a point in my early teens when I became more savvy and I noticed in the TV Times film section it would note 'edited for tv' and I'd give it a skip. It only seemed to be ITV that would do it, but they'd be showing something not really suitable for kids at 6pm on a Saturday lol.