Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 2nd April 2011 03:28 PM

The original MBV blows the remake away! ;)

MANIAC 2nd April 2011 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah i have a soft spot for the original MBV,, cant stand remakes,,,just saying;)

I picked up MACHETE BD today, i do like the back of the tin book,
Lindsey lohan "the naughty nun" and we all like a naughty nun don't we:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MANIAC (Post 140455)
I picked up MACHETE BD today, i do like the back of the tin book,
Lindsey lohan "the naughty nun" and we all like a naughty nun don't we:nod:

I forgot about that, since I haven't taken the wrapper off the steelbook yet.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 05:42 PM

I thought Machete was spectacularly daft and really watchable. Danny Trejo was excellent in the lead and it was really obvious where there had been some re-shoots -- an obvious one where Lindsay Lohan enters the pool and then you have someone else to do the topless scene!

I also watched Grindhouse with the excellent fake trailers (Edgar Wright's Don't was a particular highlight) and I thought that Planet Terror was much more the sort of film to fit such a double bill than Death Proof which seemed overlong and a bit dull. It doesn't help when all the characters talk like Quentin Tarantino and the major reference point is Vanishing Point, which wasn't a B-movie. It was also really weird how they seemingly forgot about the the digital 'print damage' after about 20 minutes whereas Planet Terror looked grainy and a bit wrecked all the way through.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 05:48 PM

MACHETE MACHETE MACHETE...:dance:

MACHETE don't text! :lol:

MY BLOODY VALENTINE BD Rocks,looks and sounds superb and yes definetly blows the remake away.:nod:

BioZombie 2nd April 2011 11:26 PM

I watched Fantasia with my GF today on BD. For a film that was made in 1940 it looks and sounds stunning. Disney have done a top notch job of restoring it.

I also got Toy Story 3 (there is a 2 for £20 offer on Disney bd in Blockbuster atm), but I only watched a little bit of it to get an idea of the PQ. It looks really great, the colours are bright and the image is super-crisp. Wish I had the cash to upgrade 1&2 to Blu.

gag 2nd April 2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 140439)
And I thought I was bad, owning six different versions of The Exorcist!

Yes that is bad i dont think i own any film twice... maybe just the odd 1 where i bought it, it slightly cut then bought uncut version im happy with that. buying a film more than once unless a exception behind it eg owning then buying Arrow or Shameless release..owning verious versions realy dont apeal to me ... once i buy a film twice i just sell on or exchange my other version in a shop somewhere....

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 140545)
I watched Fantasia with my GF today on BD. For a film that was made in 1940 it looks and sounds stunning. Disney have done a top notch job of restoring it.

I also got Toy Story 3 (there is a 2 for £20 offer on Disney bd in Blockbuster atm), but I only watched a little bit of it to get an idea of the PQ. It looks really great, the colours are bright and the image is super-crisp. Wish I had the cash to upgrade 1&2 to Blu.

Very nice. I can't wait to see how The Incredibles looks on blu-ray as well.

Argentofan 2nd April 2011 11:47 PM

Daughters of Satan
Scars of Dracula
Kellys Heros
The Untouchables
Halloween 3
Race With The Devil
10 to Midnight
Up The Junction
House Of Clocks
Bad Boys (1983)
Vampires (Sheryl Lee ;))
Freddy's Dead
Over the Top
Streets Of Fire
Syndicate Sadists

That's it for at least 2 months now, saving money.

pedromonkey 3rd April 2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 140551)
Daughters of Satan
Scars of Dracula
Kellys Heros
The Untouchables
Halloween 3
Race With The Devil
10 to Midnight
Up The Junction
House Of Clocks
Bad Boys (1983)
Vampires (Sheryl Lee ;))
Freddy's Dead
Over the Top
Streets Of Fire
Syndicate Sadists

That's it for at least 2 months now, saving money.

Streets OF Fire is awesome, check out my reviews thread to see who else loves it....some really good pick ups there ArgentoFan...