Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 658614)
was this who severed you?

Severed? I've heard some negative things about the staff in CEX but didn't think they were homicidal!

Susan Foreman 1st September 2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 658616)
Severed? I've heard some negative things about the staff in CEX but didn't think they were homicidal!

Murder by B.O?

Welcome to Torquay!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2021 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back on topic, the Shine a Light Blu-ray arrived yesterday. I saw it at the cinema and thought it was brilliant and am looking forward to watching it again, this time at home.

gag 1st September 2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 658615)
I hope you enjoy it. It's a TV shower I've seen six or seven times and always enjoy it. I'm currently listening to the commentaries and am nearly at the end of the sixth season.

If he can't tell the difference between standard definition and 1008p high-definition, or Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 then he should visit Specsavers or Boots to have his eyesight and hearing tested.

Still never seen a single episode Iíve got first two series, Iíll get round to it in around 3 yrs after Iíve got round to watching other stuff when I find the time.

g053584398 1st September 2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 658610)
Bought season one of Game of Thrones from my Cex. Never seen it before and I'm curious to see what all the fuss was about. Just 3.50 pounds so I'm not badly out of pocket if I don't rate it. Will have to watch on my own as my wife isn't interested at all.

btw I pointed out, to the Cex staff member, that he was putting dvds into a blu-ray boxset. He got the correct blu-ray discs and said "I don't think there'll be much difference to be honest" which left me quite speechless. :)

Game of Thrones is probably one of the finest TV series ever made, so you should enjoy it. But if you want to watch a TV show that is even better than that, then check out the incrdible Mr. Robot.

What I find interesting is that over the last few years the Americans have produced some fantastic TV drama, whilst at the same time the feature films Hollywood produces have become increasingly poor. Most of that has to do with the fact that TV shows are more reliant on story than the CGI crapfest feature films of contemporary Hollywood.

SymbioticFunction 1st September 2021 02:31 PM

Cex staff do sometimes surprise me.

It seems like they know a lot about phones and computer consoles but can be pretty clueless otherwise. I recall once buying a BBC Hancock's Half Hour dvd collection and the man who was serving me told me that he'd never even heard of Tony Hancock.

Back on topic, I'm having to make sure someone's always at home this week. Zavvi are sending me the US (region b friendly) blu-ray of Evil Dead Trap via DHL courier. I wish it was just coming via regular post, bit of a ball-ache to have to do this.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st September 2021 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just arrived from Amazon. The Lords of Salem and Nothing Left to Fear. I'd not heard of the latter but was interested after finding out it was produced and scored by Slash, who also provides a commentary as an extra.

The Lords of Salem also has a commentary from Rob Zombie. The UK dvd was bare bones.

trebor8273 1st September 2021 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Arrived today. Got six months free Apple tv with ps5. Didn't know you could buy movies from it and any bought on iTunes will show up. So bought Flash Gordon and Backdraft 4k. Only 3.99 each.

While they aren't supposed too as good as UHD discs , they are supposed to be very close and vastly superior to any other streaming services and are a hell of a lot cheaper

Edit

Watching Backdraft and it looks fanatstic.

marvinnashsear 1st September 2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 658547)
According to dvd rewind itís not cut.

https://www.dvdcompare.net/compariso....php?fid=58301

Those are for the US and Canadian discs. The one iank got is the Australian disc which is sometimes the same as the UK version.

gag 1st September 2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 658641)
Those are for the US and Canadian discs. The one iank got is the Australian disc which is sometimes the same
as the UK version.

Hope this helps

https://melonfarmers.wordpress.com/2...inema-release/