Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 4th September 2021 01:10 PM

My favourite is Batman Returns, then Batman, Batman and Robin and Batman Forever last.

Keaton is really good as Batman i feel, but Catwoman's costume and The Siouxsie song swing it for me, and the darker tone.

I went off the original but Jack Nicholson's Joker is pretty twisted and more like the 70's/ 80's comic version i grew up reading and last time i watched it i thought it was really good.

I don't mind Carey as the Riddler in the 3rd film as he reminds me of the 60's TV version, but I can't stand Two face, he should have been more twisted and restrained, instead jones just goes over the top with the character.

Batman and Robin is not a good film by any standards but i watched it alot with my daughter as a kid so i have a soft spot for it, it's enjoyably stupid. Schumaker's films are definitely based on the style of the 60's TV show.

I think Burtons films are closest in tone to what i want from a Batman film, dark underneath but still absurd and twisted. They are comic films after all.

I do like the Nolan films but i feel they are too grounded in reality and serious, he seems ashamed that they are superhero movies, to be honest the thing that most represents the Batman that i grew up with are the console games, specifically Arkham City.

That's the film i want to see.:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th September 2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 658801)
My favourite is Batman Returns, then Batman, Batman and Robin and Batman Forever last.

I think Burtons films are closest in tone to what i want from a Batman film, dark underneath but still absurd and twisted. They are comic films after all.

I do like the Nolan films but i feel they are too grounded in reality and serious, he seems ashamed that they are superhero movies

I can't wait to see The Dark Knight on Blu.

Obviously i'll have to buy it first though. :lol:

gag 4th September 2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 658799)
I remember watching Citizen Smith in the late 1980s or early '90s and enjoying it a great deal. I'd like to watch it again now I'm a bit older and wiser to see if I find different levels of humour.

I've never seen Restless Natives and hadn't heard of it done now.

Restless natives is a fantastic film, funny, entertains , a feel good factor movie, based in Scotland and what makes it better is all the soundtrack is done by Big country one of my all time fave bands, it’s a middle 80s film.
And quite a few well known actors.
Rates highly by most ppl with their reviews on letterboxd.

two Scottish youths who, in rebellion to their drab lives become modern highwaymen. Donning masks of a clown and a wolf-man and riding a Suzuki GP 125 motorbike, for a joke they waylay and hold up with a toy gun tourist coaches in the Highlands, in the process becoming a tourist attraction themselves. they proceed to become modern Robin Hoods, doling it out to the poor of their city by scattering it on bike rides through its streets, attracting national media attention and pursuit by the police

Click on where it’s says to watch on YouTube to see trailer.

Pic quality on trailer not that good lol.

gag 5th September 2021 08:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Went car-boot this morning,
Got few bits of owt and nowt, some wallpaper to decorate 1 small wall,
Issue 220 Darkside magazine £1
And these dvd £3 in total.

iank 6th September 2021 04:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1423801763

trebor8273 6th September 2021 10:02 AM

these from apple sale.

robocop 4k 3.99
demons 4K 2.99
demons 2 4K 2.99
cat o'nine tales 4K 2.99
battle royal 4K 2.99
King of new york 4K 2.99]
donnie Darko 4K 2.99
V for vendetta 4K 3.99
crash 4k 2.99
bird with crystal plumage 2.99
the woman 4K 2.99

was think of dead centre anyone seen it?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th September 2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 658885)
these from apple sale.

robocop 4k 3.99
demons 4K 2.99
demons 2 4K 2.99
cat o'nine tales 4K 2.99
battle royal 4K 2.99
King of new york 4K 2.99]
donnie Darko 4K 2.99
V for vendetta 4K 3.99
crash 4k 2.99
bird with crystal plumage 2.99
the woman 4K 2.99

was think of dead centre anyone seen it?

This is probably a simple question: how do you watch them? :confused:

Also, do you only buy the film or does it come with extra features (featurettes, commentary etc.)?

trebor8273 6th September 2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 658887)
This is probably a simple question: how do you watch them? :confused:

Also, do you only buy the film or does it come with extra features (featurettes, commentary etc.)?

the arrow ones come with all the features but only if you using a apple device .

they can be watched on the apple tv app which is avalibale for consoles, tablets etc. smart tvs and fire sticks

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th September 2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 658888)
the arrow ones come with all the features but only if you using a apple device .

they can be watched on the apple tv app which is avalibale for consoles, tablets etc. smart tvs and fire sticks

Apart from an old iPhone 5, I don't have any Apple devices, so would be using a Roku stick to stream the films.

trebor8273 6th September 2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 658889)
Apart from an old iPhone 5, I don't have any Apple devices, so would be using a Roku stick to stream the films.

even if you dont have a apple device like me , still think its worth it, considering how cheap they are and it saves on money and space.

makes you think if they can put them out this cheap digitally whats the mark up for physical?