Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th September 2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 659135)
Yes I've got it and I can confirm that is the case because my player tells me so, plus you can work that out when you compare the running time to the original length of the film.

To be honest if I hadn't known about it in advance I wouldn't have noticed, just like I never noticed the difference in speeds between US and European DVDs.

It is still a good release, but it loses points for that. It sounds as though the upcoming German Blu-ray release of Island of the Fishmen is going to suffer from the same issue sadly.

No, me neither. :lol:

Sometimes i just grateful movies are three minutes shorter.

gag 11th September 2021 08:25 AM

Line of duty boxset first 3 series a £1.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th September 2021 11:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up Star Trek The Voyage Home from Asda yesterday and Masque of the Red Death was to replace the unwatched dvd i bought earlier this year which i was going to give someone for Christmas. However the Blu-ray doesn't come with the paraphernalia that are in the dvd so looks like i'm keeping them both.

gag 12th September 2021 04:34 PM

Series 3 and 4 of supernatural £1 each.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th September 2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 658699)
I saw that at the cinema when it first came out

The girl in the paybox really looked down her nose at me when I got my ticket!!

I thought the film itself was awful, until I realised it was a comedy - and then it became brilliant!!

Totally agree. If it was supposed to be a serious film (which it most definitely isn't) it fails miserably. But if you watch it thinking it's a comedy or spoof of vigilante movies, as you say, it's brilliant.

Dave Boy 13th September 2021 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 236236 Attachment 236237

Demoncrat 13th September 2021 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought The League Of Gentlemen panto thingy, £3 (UK dvd) as I knew bugger all about it until I found it listed somewhere. Did it just creep out? Hmmm.

Also picked up Elite Squad (UK dvd) £1.

gag 13th September 2021 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Streets of fire of eBay blu ray £8.42

Susan Foreman 14th September 2021 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 659323)
Bought The League Of Gentlemen panto thingy, £3 (UK dvd) as I knew bugger all about it until I found it listed somewhere. Did it just creep out? Hmmm.

It's been out for some time!

Recorded in Hammersmith in December 2005, the DVD was released in 2006!!

Demoncrat 14th September 2021 09:26 AM

Yeah, I gathered that from the sticker ( the silver one, NEW To DVD .. )

Just never heard them/ anyone mention it before. I certainly don't remember any publicity for it. Regardless, I'll be perusing it shortly (day off) ahem.