Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 23rd September 2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 659850)
What did you make of it, gag?

I was the one Nosferatu was possibly referencing in his original post.

Had it for ages and tbh I’ve not seen it, sometimes I can have films for yr or so before I watch it, So now I have a habit trying to watch them when I get them because the pile to watch just gets bigger, so trying to minimise it :lol:,
But sadly doesn’t always work like that,
With games to play, films and tv shows to watch, and having a life as well :nod::lol:.

But judging by other ppl comments it’s a miss more than hit, not even 4 on IMDb, and barely a proper like on letterboxd, 99% are giving it 2 and half or less.

trebor8273 23rd September 2021 05:57 PM

Some more from iTunes.

The Thing 4k 3.99
Don't Look Now 4k 3.99
Interstellar 4k 3.99
The Endless 2.99
Lord of The Rings extended Trilogy 4K £19.99
5th Element 4k 3.99
Ran 4k 3.99
War of the World's (original) 4k 3.99
Mega time Squad 2.99

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2021 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These three arrived yesterday. Seeing Dead of Night without a slipcase is irritating, but I know it'll be temporary because I tend to file discs away after watching them and don't have many boxes on display. The Green Man was a blind buy – it's the only one of the three I haven't seen.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th September 2021 04:09 PM

I have The Green Man on dvd. It's really good. Alistair Sim is excellent as a vacuum cleaner salesman / bomber.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 659977)
I have The Green Man on dvd. It's really good. Alistair Sim is excellent as a vacuum cleaner salesman / bomber.

The Green Man sounds like the sort of absurdist black comedy which I really like, something tonally similar to Arsenic and Old Lace or Kind Hearts and Coronets, both of which are amongst my favourite films.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th September 2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 659980)
The Green Man sounds like the sort of absurdist black comedy which I really like, something tonally similar to Arsenic and Old Lace or Kind Hearts and Coronets, both of which are amongst my favourite films.

It's not as silly / daft / bonkers as Arsenic and Old Lace.

gag 25th September 2021 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My carboot buys this morn, a few tools, screen protector for my phone, £1.50 about £7 in phone shops etc, odds and ends of owt and nowt like kitchen roll :lol:, 3 viz annuals £1 each and all this lot.
Varies prices but around £10 in total.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th September 2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 659989)
It's not as silly / daft / bonkers as Arsenic and Old Lace.

The overview on the rear cover says "the film makes an interesting companion piece to MacKendrick's The Ladykillers", which is an attractive comparison.

Justin101 25th September 2021 12:12 PM

I watched The Ladykillers for the first time ever last weekend I really enjoyed it!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th September 2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660028)
I watched The Ladykillers for the first time ever last weekend I really enjoyed it!

I think The Ladykillers is a brilliant film, one of the all-time great British comedies.