Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th October 2021 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's arrivals, one (right) an upgrade from DVD and the other (left) is a film I've never seen before.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 661518)
Today's arrivals, one (right) an upgrade from DVD and the other (left) is a film I've never seen before.

A lot of people really rate The Blob but i was severely underwhelmed when i first saw it on dvd a few years ago.

Cat People
is just wonderful though.

I hope you love them both.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th October 2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661521)
A lot of people really rate The Blob but i was severely underwhelmed when i first saw it on dvd a few years ago.

Cat People
is just wonderful though.

I hope you love them both.

I think Cat People is a very good film, a great exercise in suspense and mystery. Some of the acting is unconvincing and it isn't as well-written as the best films of the 1940s, but it's a solid horror film that seems to have improved with age.

SymbioticFunction 17th October 2021 12:45 PM

There's a new Paramount Scream blu-ray coming out tomorrow, it's currently just seven pounds on Amazon. It should be the new master that's also being released on 4K UHD on the same day (I've ordered this 1080p disc and I'll be very disappointed if it isn't the new master).

Assuming all is well, this will have been a bit of a steal - I'm not paying twenty pounds for a 4K UHD when I can have the same new master in 1080p for around a third of the price. btw Scream badly needed a new version, my current bd looks quite bad. Would also love a much better looking Scream 2 blu-ray.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th October 2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 661563)
There's a new Paramount Scream blu-ray coming out tomorrow, it's currently just seven pounds on Amazon. It should be the new master that's also being released on 4K UHD on the same day (I've ordered this 1080p disc and I'll be very disappointed if it isn't the new master).

Assuming all is well, this will have been a bit of a steal - I'm not paying twenty pounds for a 4K UHD when I can have the same new master in 1080p for around a third of the price. btw Scream badly needed a new version, my current bd looks quite bad. Would also love a much better looking Scream 2 blu-ray.

Is this it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scream-Blu-...dp/B09G7P7WCY/

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th October 2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 661563)
There's a new Paramount Scream blu-ray coming out tomorrow, it's currently just seven pounds on Amazon. It should be the new master that's also being released on 4K UHD on the same day (I've ordered this 1080p disc and I'll be very disappointed if it isn't the new master).

Assuming all is well, this will have been a bit of a steal - I'm not paying twenty pounds for a 4K UHD when I can have the same new master in 1080p for around a third of the price. btw Scream badly needed a new version, my current bd looks quite bad. Would also love a much better looking Scream 2 blu-ray.

That's annoying. I ordered the three film blu-ray set last Friday. I see the new disc has a new doc. If this is a decent length i' guess i'll double dip on this new release.

SymbioticFunction 17th October 2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 661564)

Yeah, that's the one. Same artwork as the 4K UHD and Amazon are listing same special features. Hopefully it is also the new master, I'll be able to confirm once it finally shows up (estimated delivery is Saturday). btw I'm also reluctant to spend twenty quid on Scream 1 since apparently it's just R rated version again.

SymbioticFunction 17th October 2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661565)
That's annoying. I ordered the three film blu-ray set last Friday. I see the new disc has a new doc. If this is a decent length i' guess i'll double dip on this new release.

There's currently no sign of new discs for Scream 2 and 3 so I wouldn't feel too bad.

Justin101 17th October 2021 01:47 PM

I'm hoping that my digital copy of Scream gets upgraded to 4k at some point next week, it's in my lineup for Halloween and I don't want to watch the older master. However I might pick it up physically for the collection, don't know how many times I've bought Scream in the past lol...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th October 2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 661568)
Yeah, that's the one. Same artwork as the 4K UHD and Amazon are listing same special features. Hopefully it is also the new master, I'll be able to confirm once it finally shows up (estimated delivery is Saturday). btw I'm also reluctant to spend twenty quid on Scream 1 since apparently it's just R rated version again.

I would like the 4K Ultra HD release but, like you, I'm reluctant to spend 20 on another version, so have pre-ordered the standard Blu-ray version.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.