Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2021, 04:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Today's arrivals, one (right) an upgrade from DVD and the other (left) is a film I've never seen before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211016_144337_edit_152680466893368.jpg (90.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 16th October 2021, 04:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Today's arrivals, one (right) an upgrade from DVD and the other (left) is a film I've never seen before.
A lot of people really rate The Blob but i was severely underwhelmed when i first saw it on dvd a few years ago.

Cat People
is just wonderful though.

I hope you love them both.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 16th October 2021, 05:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A lot of people really rate The Blob but i was severely underwhelmed when i first saw it on dvd a few years ago.

Cat People
is just wonderful though.

I hope you love them both.
I think Cat People is a very good film, a great exercise in suspense and mystery. Some of the acting is unconvincing and it isn't as well-written as the best films of the 1940s, but it's a solid horror film that seems to have improved with age.
MacBlayne and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th October 2021, 12:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

There's a new Paramount Scream blu-ray coming out tomorrow, it's currently just seven pounds on Amazon. It should be the new master that's also being released on 4K UHD on the same day (I've ordered this 1080p disc and I'll be very disappointed if it isn't the new master).

Assuming all is well, this will have been a bit of a steal - I'm not paying twenty pounds for a 4K UHD when I can have the same new master in 1080p for around a third of the price. btw Scream badly needed a new version, my current bd looks quite bad. Would also love a much better looking Scream 2 blu-ray.
Old 17th October 2021, 12:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
There's a new Paramount Scream blu-ray coming out tomorrow, it's currently just seven pounds on Amazon. It should be the new master that's also being released on 4K UHD on the same day (I've ordered this 1080p disc and I'll be very disappointed if it isn't the new master).

Assuming all is well, this will have been a bit of a steal - I'm not paying twenty pounds for a 4K UHD when I can have the same new master in 1080p for around a third of the price. btw Scream badly needed a new version, my current bd looks quite bad. Would also love a much better looking Scream 2 blu-ray.
Is this it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scream-Blu-...dp/B09G7P7WCY/
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 17th October 2021, 12:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

That's annoying. I ordered the three film blu-ray set last Friday. I see the new disc has a new doc. If this is a decent length i' guess i'll double dip on this new release.
Old 17th October 2021, 01:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, that's the one. Same artwork as the 4K UHD and Amazon are listing same special features. Hopefully it is also the new master, I'll be able to confirm once it finally shows up (estimated delivery is Saturday). btw I'm also reluctant to spend twenty quid on Scream 1 since apparently it's just R rated version again.
Old 17th October 2021, 01:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's annoying. I ordered the three film blu-ray set last Friday. I see the new disc has a new doc. If this is a decent length i' guess i'll double dip on this new release.
There's currently no sign of new discs for Scream 2 and 3 so I wouldn't feel too bad.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th October 2021, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm hoping that my digital copy of Scream gets upgraded to 4k at some point next week, it's in my lineup for Halloween and I don't want to watch the older master. However I might pick it up physically for the collection, don't know how many times I've bought Scream in the past lol...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th October 2021, 01:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one. Same artwork as the 4K UHD and Amazon are listing same special features. Hopefully it is also the new master, I'll be able to confirm once it finally shows up (estimated delivery is Saturday). btw I'm also reluctant to spend twenty quid on Scream 1 since apparently it's just R rated version again.
I would like the 4K Ultra HD release but, like you, I'm reluctant to spend £20 on another version, so have pre-ordered the standard Blu-ray version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!