Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

iank 8th November 2021 12:08 AM

Bought from JB:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1635545701

iank 9th November 2021 02:20 AM

Arrived:

https://images.static-bluray.com/mov...g?t=1628653073

Dave Boy 9th November 2021 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 237558 :peace:

nosferatu42 9th November 2021 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 237560 Attachment 237561

Recent charity shop pick ups. 3.

Used to really enjoy Six Feet Under when it was on normal TV, missed the final series at the time, just binged it last week, still one of my favourite TV shows.
Not really talked about much these days but still a great watch.

Red Dawn is an american dvd, didn't even notice at the time, fine with me though.:cool:

gag 10th November 2021 12:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
As mentioned before about a shop in Blackpool,
Vast majority of films 2 or 3 for 5,
Obviously blu ray, boxsets, tv shows are various prices like most shops odd one or two are slightly over priced but most are reasonable and acceptable,
Anyhow I saw someone advertise a 100 dvds for 10 on Fb, so I thought I’d buy them take out any reasonable one’s (5 tops rest were utter garbage, loads of chick flicks ) and replace the one’s I took out with one’s I need to get rid off, and then took around 105 films to the shop, and got In trade of 25,
So that’s something I might start doing, buying a small bulk and then trading them for more than what I paid .
Here all the films I got in the end .

Got first 2 I P man.
I collect owt by Tartan,

Machinist,
Day of the Jackal,
Billy Elliot are the only ones I’ve seen,

So any opinions on the rest would be appreciated .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 663091)
Attachment 237560 Attachment 237561

Recent charity shop pick ups. 3.

Used to really enjoy Six Feet Under when it was on normal TV, missed the final series at the time, just binged it last week, still one of my favourite TV shows.
Not really talked about much these days but still a great watch.

I've been wanting to rewatch my Six Feet Under box set, which I probably watched in a decade, for several years but have never got around to it because something else always takes my attention.

I think it's a brilliant TV show, the main reason why the trailers for True Blood were so appealing, and why I think Alan Ball is a great TV writer.

nosferatu42 10th November 2021 03:42 PM

I liked the first few Seasons of True Blood that i saw, but I don't have Sky or Netflix or any of that stuff.

There is a habit of normal TV that they will show a few series of something then it will disappear, this happened with True Blood and The Walking dead, so it's very rarely that i watch a drama series these days.

Justin101 10th November 2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 663130)
I liked the first few Seasons of True Blood that i saw, but I don't have Sky or Netflix or any of that stuff.

There is a habit of normal TV that they will show a few series of something then it will disappear, this happened with True Blood and The Walking dead, so it's very rarely that i watch a drama series these days.

That's exactly why I've only seen the first two seasons of Six Feet Under, but I did really like it, it's one I'd like to watch all the way through!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 663131)
That's exactly why I've only seen the first two seasons of Six Feet Under, but I did really like it, it's one I'd like to watch all the way through!

I watched it on TV when it was first broadcast and have watched them couple of times since then, but not in the last decade or so. It's one of several TV shows (including Boardwalk Empire, Futurama, and Sons of Anarchy) I want to rewatch from first episode to last.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th November 2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 663134)
I watched it on TV when it was first broadcast and have watched them couple of times since then, but not in the last decade or so. It's one of several TV shows (including Boardwalk Empire, Futurama, and Sons of Anarchy) I want to rewatch from first episode to last.

I hope to rewatch Sons of Anarchy in full next year. Don't know if i should simply rewatch the dvd's or buy it all on Blu.

Another fave of mine - Black Sails - is currently 21 on Blu for the complete four series. I'm sorely tempted by that even though i only saw it all again this time last year.

As for Six Feet Under. I watched the first series and the characters really annoyed me, in particular the guy who went on to play Dexter. I didn't like that series either because of the actor. Gave it about four episodes or the first disc the returned it to the person i borrowed it from.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.