Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th December 2021 09:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ah at last a Supergirl release with original art.
I remember I had the Thorn Emi quad cinema poster.

J Harker 16th December 2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 664557)
The version of Death Machine shown is 111 minutes according to the case.

Only ever saw it on VHS and am pretty sure that was cut.

Sorry I meant what release is it? I also only saw and owned a vhs release (EIV) I believe. I've not seen a readily available release on disc?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th December 2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 664555)
How does the transfer compare to the old Redemption US Blu-ray?

No idea. Going to watch it tonight i think so i'll let you know what i think of it. Never seen the Redemption Blu so can't comment on that.

For me the package itself would be worth the upgrade. Especially with it being £16.49 delivered direct from Screenbound.

I'm glad it's finally arrived. I paid for it back in early October. :jollysanta:

nosferatu42 16th December 2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 664574)
Sorry I meant what release is it? I also only saw and owned a vhs release (EIV) I believe. I've not seen a readily available release on disc?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

This is an Entertainment in video dvd.

Susan Foreman 17th December 2021 09:52 AM

Box set binge bonanza! [Mostly for Chloe]

CEX:

Dawson's Creek - The Complete Collection: Series 1 - series 6 - 34 disc DVD set - £6:00

The Walking Dead - Series 1 - Series 6 - 27 disc DVD set - £10.00

The X-Files - The Complete Collection: Series 1 - Series 9 + 2 films - 55 disc DVD set - £25.00

And for me, from the charity shop:
Family Guy: Series 12 - 3 DVD set - £1.49

Family Guy : Series 13 - 3 DVD set - £1.49

Justin101 17th December 2021 10:35 AM

I have that Dawson’s Creek set (I love it), it’s bloody massive!! Takes up so much room

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th December 2021 10:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Took a few bits into Cex and got this in exchange. Delighted to pick the three Batman films up for that price. That's the third copy of Inception i own. One dvd and now two Blu's ...and i still haven't seen it.

Justin101 17th December 2021 11:02 AM

That's a great find for a tenner! You should definitely watch Inception, it is really good. I take it you've seen The Prestige and Memento already :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th December 2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 664587)
That's a great find for a tenner! You should definitely watch Inception, it is really good. I take it you've seen The Prestige and Memento already :)

Yes. But only once in the case of Memento. Love The Prestige.

Individually Cex sell the films for a lot less but it's not like it used to be. I've yet to see a copy of The Dark Knight for example in my local Cex. There doesn't seem to be as much used Blu-ray in stores. I'm sure i could walk in and grab any successful film on dvd but it's not the case with Blu's.

Justin101 17th December 2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 664588)
Yes. But only once in the case of Memento. Love The Prestige.

Individually Cex sell the films for a lot less but it's not like it used to be. I've yet to see a copy of The Dark Knight for example in my local Cex. There doesn't seem to be as much used Blu-ray in stores. I'm sure i could walk in and grab any successful film on dvd but it's not the case with Blu's.

Yeah, all the good Blu's are snapped up by people like us, so you will either be lucky and get there at the right time, or you have to be going every day, I occasionally get good stuff, picked up Vestron Blu of Parents and the Studio Canal Blu of Hammer's Demons of the Mind a couple of nights ago after work :)