Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 24th January 2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 315970)
The Coffin Joe Collection replacement dvd arrived today

I'm very tempted to get this

Are there any special features on the discs, or are they vanilla, with the only extra being the Coffin Joe docu?

demonknight 24th January 2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 315983)
I'm very tempted to get this

Are there any special features on the discs, or are they vanilla, with the only extra being the Coffin Joe docu?

There doesn't appear to be any extras and nothing is
listed on the back. Bit disappointing, but hopefully the
movies themselves will be good. Hopefully that doc
you mentioned will be included. If not we have nine
films to check out.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 315990)
There doesn't appear to be any extras and nothing is
listed on the back. Bit disappointing, but hopefully the
movies themselves will be good. Hopefully that doc
you mentioned will be included. If not we have nine
films to check out.

Whats always put me off picking them up is the picture quality is supposedly pretty poor.

trebor8273 24th January 2013 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some stuff turned up today, videodrome finally turned up:woot: from zavvi, but still no sign of house by the cemetery:mmph:

Ken 24th January 2013 06:20 PM

I have updated my diary page today and you will find more titles listed there. But here's is a list (below) of some i have bought over the last week, including American Mary which i bought today.

Lady Snowblood: Love Song of Vengeance (BR)
Dear God No!: Limited Edition
Dr. Alien
Creepozoids
Slave Girls from beyond infinity
Django Prepare a Coffin
Django
Death Proof
Machete
Demons: Limited Edition (Arrow)
Super Bitch
Don't Go in the House

And bought today:
American Mary

Happy Viewing everyone. :pop2:

J Harker 24th January 2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 315824)
If you use google chrome for your browser it will detect a foreign language and ask if you would like it translated, it's not perfect but works fine for shopping, give it a try!

I shall. Ta.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

platostotal 24th January 2013 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't resist Raging Bull 20th anniversary 2disc fold-out w/slipcase, book and cards, £2.50 from CEX.
Their pricing is very strange/cheap at the mo. (no complaints from me tho)

J Harker 24th January 2013 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 98011

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:17 AM

ArrowDrome's Django, Prepare A Coffin dvd, and Argent's Django BD arrived this morning, and as per usual, were swiftly turned around to the original artwork on the reverse.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/25/9a2utuga.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/25/2asuvy4y.jpg

PaulD 25th January 2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 316144)
ArrowDrome's Django, Prepare A Coffin dvd, and Argent's Django BD arrived this morning, and as per usual, were swiftly turned around to the original artwork on the reverse.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/25/9a2utuga.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/25/2asuvy4y.jpg

Quick review of the PQ on Django would be appreciated when you give it a spin Stephen! Only thing that's stopped me form ordering it already

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 316145)
Quick review of the PQ on Django would be appreciated when you give it a spin Stephen! Only thing that's stopped me form ordering it already

Will do. I've heard the US disc could be compareable to Tenebrae with the "grain". So I should be able to get a good idea of how good (or bad) this looks.

PaulD 25th January 2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 316147)
Will do. I've heard the US disc could be compareable to Tenebrae with the "grain". So I should be able to get a good idea of how good (or bad) this looks.

Yeah, I've heard the same so am hoping this is a new transfer and of better quality (although I haven't seen the BU disc to be fair)

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 316148)
Yeah, I've heard the same so am hoping this is a new transfer and of better quality (although I haven't seen the BU disc to be fair)

I haven't seen the BU disc either, but it says this is restored from the original negative. I've just had a quick skim through the film......it looks nothing like Tenebrae. There's some grain, but it's not that weird looking stuff that's all over Tenebrae.

PaulD 25th January 2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 316150)
I haven't seen the BU disc either, but it says this is restored from the original negative. I've just had a quick skim through the film......it looks nothing like Tenebrae. There's some grain, but it's not that weird looking stuff that's all over Tenebrae.

Excellent stuff, does it look like it's worth the upgrade then (I have the R1 Anchor Bay box with Django and Kills Again)?

Refused 25th January 2013 11:41 AM

These were posted on blu-ray.com. UK top, US bottom.

http://i48.tinypic.com/n4uwrp.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/2mr7d75.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 316152)
Excellent stuff, does it look like it's worth the upgrade then (I have the R1 Anchor Bay box with Django and Kills Again)?

Ahhh, that I couldn't really say. I'm sure it looks better than the dvd, but it's probably not the best BD I've ever seen.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:45 AM

Looks like the blu-ray.com mob hate it, and think it looks worse than the BU disc.

PaulD 25th January 2013 11:47 AM

Hmmm..it does look a bit faded in that. I'm on the fence with this one!

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 316160)
Hmmm..it does look a bit faded in that. I'm on the fence with this one!

I should point out that the people on blu-ray.com who say it looks bad, haven't even seen the disc. They're just going by the screencaps. The few who've seen it seem to think it looks pretty good.

Sobral 25th January 2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 316144)

A BD case without the annoying blue top?!? Good to know :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 316163)
A BD case without the annoying blue top?!? Good to know :)

Yeah, it's the same as Criterion use.

Sobral 25th January 2013 11:54 AM

Didn't know, first time I've seen one, but looking at some pics found on google they look really good and I hope more labels use them.

SharonLynette 25th January 2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 315577)
Attachment 97872

Arrived today but the top of the F:censored:IN box is all smashed its barely hanging on. Sorry about my bad language but this really get me.

Who did you order from? I had a similar problem with another Shameless release, I'd ordered through Amazon, when it arrived the side was completely smashed so I requested a replacement.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 316166)
Didn't know, first time I've seen one, but looking at some pics found on google they look really good and I hope more labels use them.

I think they look really good too. And they don't have to crop artwork as much as they would with a normal sized BD case, which can only be a good thing.

Nordicdusk 25th January 2013 11:59 AM

I got it through Play.com it came from a place called AllYourMusic

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 316170)
I got it through Play.com it came from a place called AllYourMusic

I hate the packaging All Your Music uses. I've had damaged stuff from them and other Marketplace sellers on Amazon before.

Nordicdusk 25th January 2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 316173)
I hate the packaging All Your Music uses. I've had damaged stuff from them and other Marketplace sellers on Amazon before.

Its pretty bad how they send them out it was so tightly sealed it just bent the top of the case.

Hawkmonger 25th January 2013 12:53 PM

Mine poped up just now, on a 2 hour lunch break so i'll report back in a second with my opinions.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 316174)
Its pretty bad how they send them out it was so tightly sealed it just bent the top of the case.

Oddly i've never had a vacuum sealed order smashed, its always the ones in padded envelopes with me.

Just waiting now for the three discs AYM despatched last week, they'll probably all be smashed now i've said that.

Nordicdusk 25th January 2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 316182)
Oddly i've never had a vacuum sealed order smashed, its always the ones in padded envelopes with me.

Just waiting now for the three discs AYM despatched last week, they'll probably all be smashed now i've said that.

Could of been my postman jamming the package into the letterbox.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 316183)
Could of been my postman jamming the package into the letterbox.

They get crushed in sorting offices i think.

Last year i had two packaged flat in the same stiff card envelope from Amazon. Both were completely crushed. The only thing that made them resemble dvd's was the plastic wrapping still holding the bits of plastic in place. :mmph:

J Harker 25th January 2013 01:19 PM

I have yet to get a delivery damaged in the post.

Nordicdusk 25th January 2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 316195)

Nothing worse than waiting a week or so for a film you really wanna watch and then it shows up smashed or does not show up at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 316195)

You clearly don't order enough. :tongue1:;)

Just kidding. You're very fortunate.

Pete 25th January 2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 316148)

BU disc looked great. According to Argent's You Tube page, their transfer is 'from the same source but a brand new restoration'.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th January 2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 316201)
BU disc looked great. According to Argent's You Tube page, their transfer is 'from the same source but a brand new restoration'.

You're probably the only person I've heard saying that about the BU disc, therefore, you MUST be wrong. :tongue1:

fuzzymctiger 25th January 2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 316201)

Same source, but new restoration.

Let's hope it's not Scream Factory Halloween 2, with the same transfer just stuck through a filter.

Susan Foreman 25th January 2013 01:31 PM

CEX:

'The Happiness of the Katakuris' - £2:00

Not seen this, and going by posts on the forum, it's one of those films that you either love or hate, but I was sold by the tagline on the back of the case - "'The Sound of Music' meets 'Dawn of the Dead'"!

Pete 25th January 2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 316203)
You're probably the only person I've heard saying that about the BU disc, therefore, you MUST be wrong. :tongue1:

Pah, I'm right, it's everyone else who is wrong. :nod: :p

It's a great transfer IMO. Given that it was shot quickly on the cheapest film stock going I doubt it could have looked that much better.

Nordicdusk 25th January 2013 01:51 PM

16 Attachment(s)
Attachment 98023 Attachment 98024 Attachment 98025 Attachment 98026 Attachment 98027 Attachment 98028 Attachment 98029 Attachment 98030 Attachment 98031 Attachment 98032 Attachment 98033 Attachment 98034 Attachment 98035 Attachment 98036 Attachment 98037 Attachment 98038

YYYYAAAAYYYYYY my Arrow order arrived just in time too maybe the next few days wont be so bad after all :woot: