Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 9th April 2011 05:13 PM

Picked these up new for 1 Euro each at my local shop... :)

- Dead Ahead aka Zyzzyx Rd (2006) (DFW)
- Eden Lake (2008) (DFW)
- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) (RCV)
- B. Monkey (1998) (RCV)

bdc 9th April 2011 05:16 PM

Nice haul! :thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 05:59 PM

I can also recommend the German BD of THE HOWLING which has a reversible cover to hide that ugly censorship sticker.;)

Das Tier 1 - The Howling [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Dee Wallace Stone, Patrick MacNee, Dennis Dugan, John Carradine, Christopher Stone, Belinda Balaski, Joe Dante: DVD & Blu-ray

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 06:00 PM

Don't suppose we'll be getting a steely Dan of this in the UK will we? :rolleyes:

Spiel mir das Lied vom Tod Limited Steelbook, inklusive Poster Blu-ray: Amazon.de: Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Paolo Stoppa, Woody Strode, Claudia Cardinale, Jack Elam, Keenan Wynn, Gabriele Ferzetti, Lionel Stander, Frank Wolff, Ser

Argentofan 9th April 2011 06:09 PM

Eden Lake is great. For 1 euro it's a steal!

oaxaca 9th April 2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141758)
I'd go one year higher with that and put Exit Wounds as his last film of the 'Golden Period'. Probably the last film before he started hiding his bulk underneath coats.

Can't argue with that Stephen, EXIT WOUNDS was a very fun movie. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 129111)
8.00 on ebay, that is a steal and is why i love korean dvds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 129115)
i only have the R2 Mgm release, i think i'll be getting that one now.

The only thing it's good for is the artwork. As I said in another thread, the Korean dvd has been censored. The nudity has been blurred, although it hasn't at the beginning of the film for some reason. I think it's because the shots of Mathilda May sleeping in the "coffin" are only 1 or 2 seconds long.

oaxaca 9th April 2011 06:44 PM

Oooo that looks nice!! Very very nice. Although its tough to decide whether its better to have english writing on the box or to have a German steely w/ poster. hmmm...

As for THE HOWLING. There is also a French version out too. The only thing that stopped me buying a European release was the god awful Euro-to-GBP exchange rate.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 141793)
Can't argue with that Stephen, EXIT WOUNDS was a very fun movie. :nod:

At a push, I would have even put Half Past Dead in there......if they had made it R-rated insted of PG-13.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 141795)
The only thing that stopped me buying a European release was the god awful Euro-to-GBP exchange rate.

Indeed, it may as well be £1 to the Euro for all the difference there is!