Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 668490)
I honesly don't know what's up with me this week. Third Wes Anderson film bought since Friday.

Attachment 239508

All from Cex?

What i can't figure out is why you just didn't get them all at the same time if that's the case. :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668491)
All from Cex?

What i can't figure out is why you just didn't get them all at the same time if that's the case. :lol:

All from different branches in different towns. Couldn't be bothered travelling to other 2 on the same day.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today. Not sure why it came a day later than my other Amazon delivery.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 668493)
All from different branches in different towns. Couldn't be bothered travelling to other 2 on the same day.

Why did you have to come up with a sensible answer?

I was imagining you wrestling with your collecting conscious each night on whether or not you should go and get the next film the following day. :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:30 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668495)
Why did you have to come up with a sensible answer?

I was imagining you wrestling with your collecting conscious each night on whether or not you should go and get the next film. :lol:

Lol yeah it would've been funnier if I had resisted buying the othere and caved as soon as got home...twice [emoji23]

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 668496)
Lol yeah it would've been funnier of I had resisted buying the othere and caved as soon as got home...twice [emoji23]

That's the sort of stunt i pull.

Then they've gone when i've returned. :rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668497)
That's the sort of stunt i pull.

Then they've gone when i've returned. :rolleyes:

Same with me. Happened a couple of times with things in there.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th March 2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 668498)
Same with me. Happened a couple of times with things in there.

I feel your anguish. :lol:

SymbioticFunction 21st March 2022 11:27 AM

Matrix Resurrections and del Toro's Nightmare Alley blu-rays arrived. Haven't seen Nightmare Alley yet but I have watched Resurrections and found it to be a decent 3.5/5 experience (everyone else seems to have absolutely hated it).

Most of the action scenes are underwhelming but I personally found the meta script to be interesting and there is some witty stuff in there. Also there's an idea and sequence towards the end that actually managed to shock me a bit (I'm reluctant to post a spoiler).

For me, it makes a nice epilogue style companion piece to the original trilogy. btw It tanked at the box office so I'm pretty sure this is it.

Justin101 21st March 2022 12:26 PM

I liked Matrix 4 as well, it wasn't at all what I was expecting, but I did enjoy that they tried something completely different. I'm going to wait until the iTunes version drops in price and then add it to my library. I've stopped buying physical for mass market stuff now, I'm running out of space.

I am really interested in the Del Toro though :woot: