Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 668505)
I liked Matrix 4 as well, it wasn't at all what I was expecting, but I did enjoy that they tried something completely different. I'm going to wait until the iTunes version drops in price and then add it to my library. I've stopped buying physical for mass market stuff now, I'm running out of space.

I am really interested in the Del Toro though :woot:

I've pretty much stopped buying mass market releases now as they are either Marvel or CGI monstrosities like The Matrix.

SymbioticFunction 21st March 2022 02:18 PM

btw Weirdly the UK blu-ray of Nightmare Alley was in a thin US style case.

Justin101 21st March 2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668507)
I've pretty much stopped buying mass market releases now as they are either Marvel or CGI monstrosities like The Matrix.

It's also the kind of stuff that loses value as soon as you've bought it, so if you're buying it for the collection and not planning to actually watch it right away, you're better served waiting 3-6 months and picking it up for half the price!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 668509)
It's also the kind of stuff that loses value as soon as you've bought it, so if you're buying it for the collection and not planning to actually watch it right away, you're better served waiting 3-6 months and picking it up for half the price!

Exactly. Hence picking up Jungle Cruise on dvd for the equivalent of a fiver. Glad i didn't pay £15 for that on blu.

like you i too fancy Nightmare Alley but i'll wait until that's cheaper unless it has a nice slip case.

I saw the original with Tyrone Power about ten years ago. That was not what i was expecting.

Demoncrat 21st March 2022 06:44 PM

Just the one today, but it is ....

Tartan's 2 discer of A Tale Of Two Sisters :nod::loveeyes:
£1. Immaculate. :pop2:

Susan Foreman 22nd March 2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 668516)
Just the one today, but it is ....

Tartan's 2 discer of A Tale Of Two Sisters

Looking through my catalogue of things I have got, it's noted that there are a couple of Easter Eggs on this release:

D1 - hidden feature: a letter from Su-mi (4:42), Select 'Set up Options' from the menu and press Enter. Press Right while in the Settings section to access the hidden menu

D2 - hidden feature: a letter from Su-Yeon (8:52), Select 'Interviews' from the menu and press Enter. Press Left while in the Interviews section to access the hidden menu.

Demoncrat 22nd March 2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 668531)
Looking through my catalogue of things I have got, it's noted that there are a couple of Easter Eggs on this release:

D1 - hidden feature: a letter from Su-mi (4:42), Select 'Set up Options' from the menu and press Enter. Press Right while in the Settings section to access the hidden menu

D2 - hidden feature: a letter from Su-Yeon (8:52), Select 'Interviews' from the menu and press Enter. Press Left while in the Interviews section to access the hidden menu.

Noted!!! :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd March 2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668510)

like you i too fancy Nightmare Alley but i'll wait until that's cheaper unless it has a nice slip case.

I saw the original with Tyrone Power about ten years ago. That was not what i was expecting.

I wondered if i'd be tempted to buy Nightmare Alley.

Morrisons only had the dvd so the temptation never arose.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2022 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of Poundland purchases. The Fast and Furious films are pretty hit and miss for me but if i recall this is a good one. Drag a bank vault round a city if i recall. I also enjoy both National Treasure films, although the first one is certainly better than this second one.

Justin101 24th March 2022 04:21 PM

https://i.ibb.co/1fz39xd/69-C00-B06-...CD49769-BF.jpg

Iíve been looking to buy this for a while and fortunately (or notÖ) I saw it in CEX today in great condition with the slip and the poster for £6


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.