Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SymbioticFunction 3rd April 2022 02:02 PM

Spiderman No Way Home arrived (unusual that the UK is getting it a week earlier than America).

Just went for the regular blu-ray, I still think upscaled 1080p looks very good (especially if it's a recent Sony bd) and whilst I enjoyed the film, it wasn't quite as amazing 🙂 as I had hoped for. It's a bit confusing where to put the film on the shelves. It's currently at the end of the 20 Marvel Studios films that I enjoy but obviously it could have been put next to my Sam Raimi Spiderman trilogy 4K UHDs.

Luckily (despite amiable performances by Andrew Garfield) I don't like the Amazing Spiderman films enough to own copies of them, otherwise it could get really confusing. 🙂 btw It's probably not surprising that it did so well at the box office since it appeals to three different lots of Spiderman fans, maybe also to big fans of the Doctor Strange character.

MrBarlow 4th April 2022 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today :pop2::pop2:

Attachment 239641

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th April 2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 669093)
Arrived today :pop2::pop2:

Attachment 239641

Fantastic haul. Hope you enjoy Mr. Sardonicus.

MrBarlow 4th April 2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 669095)
Fantastic haul. Hope you enjoy Mr. Sardonicus.

You had a good one haul aswell, after the recommendation think it will be a great viewing

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th April 2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 669097)
You had a good one haul aswell, after the recommendation think it will be a great viewing

Have you seen the Mummy film before? That's also fun. Not as good as the original from 1959 but still good. The Mummy itself looks fantastic. Better than Lee in my opinion.

MrBarlow 4th April 2022 03:18 PM

:pound:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 669098)
Have you seen the Mummy film before? That's also fun. Not as good as the original from 1959 but still good. The Mummy itself looks fantastic. Better than Lee in my opinion.

Think I have but not entirely sure, does it involve a major house with a swamp? Or am I thinking of a different movie altogether?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th April 2022 03:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Today's arrivals from eBay and Amazon, respectively. I have seen Yes, Minister several times and own the box set, but I haven't seen any episodes of Yes, Prime Minister.

I've seen Guillermo del Toro's Nightmare Alley, a film I thought was excellent and look forward to watching again, so I'm interested to see how it compares to Edmund Goulding's adaptation of William Lindsay Gresham's novel of the same name.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th April 2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 669100)
Today's arrivals from eBay and Amazon, respectively. I have seen Yes, Minister several times and own the box set, but I haven't seen any episodes of Yes, Prime Minister.

I'm currently on a rewatch of series three of Yes Minister. Truly timeless television.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th April 2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 669104)
I'm currently on a rewatch of series three of Yes Minister. Truly timeless television.

:nod: I've seen clips of Yes Minister online recently and there are numerous exchanges and pieces of dialogue that are as relevant now as they were when it was originally broadcast 40+ years ago.

nosferatu42 4th April 2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 669099)
:pound:

Think I have but not entirely sure, does it involve a major house with a swamp? Or am I thinking of a different movie altogether?

I think Hammers The Mummy is the one with the swamp. Pretty sure Lee's Mummy carries somebody in or out of it at one point.