Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 9th April 2011 10:18 PM

Just picked up Casshern Steelbook DVD, The Princess And The Frog (Triple Play BD with slip) and Ratatouille (BD with slip). All for only £24

pedromonkey 9th April 2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 141796)
At a push, I would have even put Half Past Dead in there......if they had made it R-rated insted of PG-13.

Half Past Dead is great fun, only problem for me was Ja-rule, he really annoyes the hell out of me, but Morris Chestnut was cool. Ive amassed about 8 pre 2001 Seagal movies, just need Marked For Death, Fire Down Below, On Deadly Ground, The Glimmer Man, Hard to Kill and Under Siege 2 now.

BioZombie 10th April 2011 09:26 AM

I watched Zombieland on BD again last night. The pic quality is great, but what I really notice is the sound. There are a load of subtle sound effects I didnt pick up in the cinema and I notice new stuff every time I watch. For example when Jessie Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson meet there is a nod to For A Few Dollars More in the score.

necroluciferia 10th April 2011 09:27 AM

Recent purchases, most I'm still waiting to arrive -

What have they done to your daughters?
Unhinged
Jack Ketchum's The girl next door
Cannibal Ferox
Witch who came from the sea
Blood feast
Blood & Black lace
Don't torture a duckling
The Church
Emanuelle In America
Living dead at Manchester morgue
Meat grinder
House by the cemetery

Kyle 10th April 2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necroluciferia (Post 141857)
Recent purchases, most I'm still waiting to arrive -

What have they done to your daughters?
Unhinged
Jack Ketchum's The girl next door :rockon:
Cannibal Ferox :rockon:
Witch who came from the sea
Blood feast
Blood & Black lace
Don't torture a duckling :rockon:
The Church :rockon:
Emanuelle In America :rockon:
Living dead at Manchester morgue
Meat grinder :rockon:
House by the cemetery

good choices :) girl next door is a great film and book is worth a read too

bdc 10th April 2011 09:40 AM

Nice haul!
Which version of Unhinged did you get?
I'm looking to get that one as well... ;)

Oh,which version of Blood & Black lace did you get?

necroluciferia 10th April 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 141862)
Nice haul!
Which version of Unhinged did you get?
I'm looking to get that one as well... ;)

Oh,which version of Blood & Black lace did you get?

This one for Unhinged - Unhinged [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Laurel Munson, Janet Penner, Sara Ansley, Virginia Settle, John Morrison, Barbara Lusch, Bill Simmonds, Francine Molter, Dave Hood, Richard Blakeslee, Don Gronquist, Foster Castleman, Phillips Blair, Dale Farr, Dan Biggs . It is one of the 'nasties' I haven't seen and I'm currently trying to complete the list some way or another and watch the ones I have been avoiding lol

And I got the VCI Video US import version of Blood and Black Lace.

I watched Girl Next Door the other night and thought it was excellent. Very disturbing and even more so given that it is based on a true story. Must read the book! :)

bdc 10th April 2011 10:32 AM

Thanks for the info,curious about the pic quality of that UK dvd of Unhinged...wonder how it compares to the US one... ;)

PaulD 10th April 2011 11:35 AM

Ordered the Arrow version of Sleepless yesterday and just bought blurays of Phenomena and Deep Red. That's my Argento Arrow collection finally up to date! Really regret not waiting until I got a bluray player before buying Inferno (and City of the Living Dead) - might end up double-dipping at some point with the Blue Underground versions just to be different.

re.form 10th April 2011 05:46 PM

Just ordered two of my all time faves that strangely I have never owned - Cannibal Apocalypse & the wonderful The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue.