Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2022 01:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

J Harker 30th April 2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 670044)
This weeks new arrivals.

I have that Professionals disc. Looks superb Dem.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 670047)

Excellent, might watch it in a little while. It's long been a favourite western of mine.

g053584398 30th April 2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 670047)

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

A damn good film as well!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2022 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My latest purchases – Black Sails: Series 3 was reasonably priced on eBay; The Legend of Tarzan, The Equalizer, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, and the special edition of Bowling for Columbine were 4 for £8, and King Kong was £2.39, all from Music Magpie

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st May 2022 09:58 PM

I really like The Legend of Tarzan. It's just a good adventure which doesn't pander to the singing jungle animals brigade.

The first time i saw The Equalizer i really didn't get on with it but still bought the Blu-ray when i saw it in Poundland a few months back. The second Equalizer i thought was very good which made me want to re-evaluate the first one.

Surprised you don't have King Kong already. Some of the sound will make your walls crumble.

iank 1st May 2022 10:49 PM

Not bought yet, but very excited to hear that 90s classic The Ghost and the Darkness and 80s classic Young Sherlock Holmes are finally coming to Blu ray. The latter is a foreign release, though I don't care if the transfer is good enough. Both are faves I haven't seen in far too long and badly in need of an upgrade!
Ian is excited. :woot::rockon:

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st May 2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 670084)
Not bought yet, but very excited to hear that 90s classic The Ghost and the Darkness and 80s classic Young Sherlock Holmes are finally coming to Blu ray. The latter is a foreign release, though I don't care if the transfer is good enough. Both are faves I haven't seen in far too long and badly in need of an upgrade!
Ian is excited. :woot::rockon:

The Ghost and the Darkness has long been out of print on dvd. I found a copy in a charity shop near me, told them it had no BBFC cert on it whilst chatting (The US release) and they simply gave it to me.

I did buy a couple of other things at the time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd May 2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 670074)
I really like The Legend of Tarzan. It's just a good adventure which doesn't pander to the singing jungle animals brigade.

The first time i saw The Equalizer i really didn't get on with it but still bought the Blu-ray when i saw it in Poundland a few months back. The second Equalizer i thought was very good which made me want to re-evaluate the first one.

Surprised you don't have King Kong already. Some of the sound will make your walls crumble.

I've only seen The Legend of Tarzan once and thought it was pretty good and worth revisiting. I've seen The Equalizer a view times, with opinions varying from good to meh so, again, with revisiting.

As for Peter Jackson's King Kong, I saw it at the cinema and thought it was too long and self-indulgent. A second viewing is long overdue and it'll be interesting to see if a reappraisal changes that initial view or reaffirms it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd May 2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 670088)

As for Peter Jackson's King Kong, I saw it at the cinema and thought it was too long and self-indulgent. A second viewing is long overdue and it'll be interesting to see if a reappraisal changes that initial view or reaffirms it.

It is long, very long but at least at home you can pause it and have a cuppa or play with your lizard or something.