Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

MrBarlow 10th August 2022 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked these up and a big thank you to Demdike for Raw Force :thankingyou:

Attachment 241627 Attachment 241628

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th August 2022 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 674599)
Grabbed from Cex with £4 of my credit from the Troll / Troll 2 Blu-ray trade in.

I couldn't get on with the Pirates of the Caribbean films at all and would much rather watch the Troll movies!

I think I've only seen the first three films and hated Johnny Depp's unconvincing Keith Richards impression, the lack of chemistry between Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, and dreary direction.

I know I'm in the very small minority who don't like the films and a lot of people do like them – they were mostly massive box office successes. As you are in the majority who find them a lot of fun, I hope you have much enjoyment from your purchases.

Inspired by comments in the Star Wars thread about Andor and how good Rogue One is, I remembered how much I enjoyed at the cinema and when I watched it on Disney+, and managed to find someone selling a brand-new 4K Ultra HD release which has a whole disc of learners material from eBay for £11.

Justin101 10th August 2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 674603)

So apparently for Beware my Brethren on the animated menus is a massive spoiler so when you put the disc in advert your eyes!!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th August 2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 674606)
So apparently for Beware my Brethren on the animated menus is a massive spoiler so when you put the disc in advert your eyes!!!

Noted, thanks. I haven't seen it, so don't want the ending to be revealed before I've had a chance to see the film.

gag 10th August 2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 674603)

Magic is a great film, very under rated forgotten gem.

gag 10th August 2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 674604)
I couldn't get on with the Pirates of the Caribbean films at all and would much rather watch the Troll movies!

I think I've only seen the first three films and hated Johnny Depp's unconvincing Keith Richards impression, the lack of chemistry between Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, and dreary direction.

I know I'm in the very small minority who don't like the films and a lot of people do like them Ė they were mostly massive box office successes. As you are in the majority who find them a lot of fun, I hope you have much enjoyment from your purchases.

Inspired by comments in the Star Wars thread about Andor and how good Rogue One is, I remembered how much I enjoyed at the cinema and when I watched it on Disney+, and managed to find someone selling a brand-new 4K Ultra HD release which has a whole disc of learners material from eBay for £11.

I'm same I've only seen first pirates of the Caribbean and just wasn't my film, seen clips of the rest but what I've seen didn't grab or make me want to watch them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th August 2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 674604)

I only wanted the first film - Curse of the Black Pearl - however the price of the three film six disc box set is the same as the price of the regular one disc edition Blu-ray of the same film so i ended up with two films free.:lol:

As for the Troll movies? I got more Cex store credit than the £11.99 they cost on Amazon.

MuckyFunster 10th August 2022 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 241634
EBay listing above [emoji115]

Item delivered below [emoji116]
Attachment 241635

Obv purchased to be part of the slasher collection [emoji2357] I feel super Ďfussyí messaging the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin101 10th August 2022 04:15 PM

Thatís annoying. Donít worry about being fussy we buy books is a massive company itís not just some guy in his mums house selling his discs lol

Get it back to them and refunded.

MrBarlow 10th August 2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 674606)

Thanks for he heads up Justin