Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2023, 12:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I saw in Cex yesterday they had several of the Doctor Who: The Collection limited editions in stock in mint condition. So after scrabbling round for some discs for extra credit (Farewell Death Screams) i got it today. Plus Pitch Black from the excellent Mr. B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0455 (Large).JPG (88.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0456 (Large).jpg (95.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 10th January 2023, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran

From the Network sale and it arrived very fast! Lovely and a tenner for the lot.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th January 2023, 04:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I had a quick nose in CEX as I was passing today. Found a virtually mint copy of Arrows limited edition Vengeance Trails Boxset for £20.
I'm really hoping it will still be there tomorrow as I've got a few things I've been meaning to trade in. Otherwise I'll be kicking myself for not just grabbing it while I was there.
So I went down today with a bunch of old dvds and video games that have been gathering dust. And I managed to get enough to bring this down to £7. The discs and case/box are near immaculate but annoyingly the booklet and poster wasn't included. For £7 it still seemed silly not to get it but it is annoying.
The guy at CEX said they don't worry about extra bits like that being there when people trade stuff in. Stupid.20230111_162620.jpg

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 11th January 2023, 04:55 PM
Cult Veteran

I've taken stuff with slip covers on them to trade and have seen them scan the barcodes and take the slips off and put them in the bin, it's literally crazy...
g053584398 and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th January 2023, 04:58 PM
Cult Addict

I sort of see that when it's a standard release that just happens to have a slipcover, then to them it's neither here nor there. While it's not a mentality I share.
But when you're talking about supplemental material that literally is what makes a limited edition, limited then it just seems mad they don't care.

Old 11th January 2023, 05:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'd probably not have bought it if it wasn't complete. I really wanted Bava's Black Sunday which was down to £8 and a bargain a while ago but the cover was a CEX reproduction so wasn't interested.

Makes any sell on value reduce dramatically.

Must admit my local store are very good about selling things complete usually.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 11th January 2023, 06:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'd probably not have bought it if it wasn't complete. I really wanted Bava's Black Sunday which was down to £8 and a bargain a while ago but the cover was a CEX reproduction so wasn't interested.

Makes any sell on value reduce dramatically.

Must admit my local store are very good about selling things complete usually.
I wouldn't have touched a reprinted cover. And I wouldn't have paid the £20 they wanted. For £7 I was willing to take a punt. It's a blind buy anyway.
I'm hoping in due course I may be able to pick a replacement booklet up from ebay.

Old 11th January 2023, 06:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I wouldn't have touched a reprinted cover. And I wouldn't have paid the £20 they wanted. For £7 I was willing to take a punt. It's a blind buy anyway.
I'm hoping in due course I may be able to pick a replacement booklet up from ebay.

I have a love hate relationship with Vengeance Trails. I'd love it and it clearly hates me.

I ordered a copy from Amazon for a bargain price. Then told a mate about it who also ordered it. He got his copy two days later and i got an email apologising saying they no longer had it in stock and couldn't get anymore.
Old 11th January 2023, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have a love hate relationship with Vengeance Trails. I'd love it and it clearly hates me.

I ordered a copy from Amazon for a bargain price. Then told a mate about it who also ordered it. He got his copy two days later and i got an email apologising saying they no longer had it in stock and couldn't get anymore.
Worked out at £1.75 a film. Even without the booklet and posters it's hard to argue with that price. Granted I'd traded some rubbish in.

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th January 2023, 01:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

A load of the shameless blus are on a 2 for £15 on the HMV website. Sadly not in store though, as I’d made the trip then ended up going home and just ordering them online.

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

Plus a hoodie

IMG_6442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!