Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necroluciferia (Post 143219)
my Arrow version of Day Of The Dead arrived yesterday :)

Also just ordered Island Of Death. My partner picked up the new Harry Potter the other day too which we watched yesterday evening.

That's extremely weird doublebill! Child wizards in a blockbuster film and gut-munching zombies in a cult horror movie are not two things that I would have put together!

necroluciferia 15th April 2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 143222)
That's extremely weird doublebill! Child wizards in a blockbuster film and gut-munching zombies in a cult horror movie are not two things that I would have put together!

Even weirder when I watched Living Dead At Manchester Morgue after HP finished :lol:
On that note, you've got me wondering how a zombie sequel to Harry Potter would work out...

bdc 15th April 2011 11:02 AM

Also just received these from a Dutch collector... :)

Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) (AB UK)
The Creeping Flesh Collector's Edition (1973) (DD Home Entertainment)
Madman (1982) (AB UK)
Black Christmas (1974) (A-Film)
Friday the 13th Part 3 (3-D) - Deluxe Edition (Lenticular Cover) (1982) (Paramount)
Slaughter High (1986) (Lionsgate)
Gamera - Complete DVD Collection (Limited Edition Box Set) (ADV Films)
- Gamera: Guardian of the Universe ( ガメラ 大怪獣空中決戦 ) ( Gamera daikaijû kuchu kessen ) (1995)
- Gamera 2: Assault of the Legion ( ガメラ2 レギオン襲来 ) ( Gamera 2: Region shurai ) (1996)
- Gamera 3: The Awakening of Iris ( ガメラ3 邪神〈イリス〉覚醒 ) ( Gamera 3: Iris kakusei ) (1999)
The Penalty (1920) (Kino)
Return of the Living Dead, The - Collector's Edition (Limited Glow-in-the-dark Edition) (1985) (MGM)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 143233)
Also just received these from a Dutch collector... :)

Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) (AB UK)
The Creeping Flesh Collector's Edition (1973) (DD Home Entertainment)
Madman (1982) (AB UK)
Black Christmas (1974) (A-Film)
Friday the 13th Part 3 (3-D) - Deluxe Edition (Lenticular Cover) (1982) (Paramount)
Slaughter High (1986) (Lionsgate)
Gamera - Complete DVD Collection (Limited Edition Box Set) (ADV Films)
- Gamera: Guardian of the Universe ( ガメラ 大怪獣空中決戦 ) ( Gamera daikaijû kuchu kessen ) (1995)
- Gamera 2: Assault of the Legion ( ガメラ2 レギオン襲来 ) ( Gamera 2: Region shurai ) (1996)
- Gamera 3: The Awakening of Iris ( ガメラ3 邪神〈イリス〉覚醒 ) ( Gamera 3: Iris kakusei ) (1999)
The Penalty (1920) (Kino)
Return of the Living Dead, The - Collector's Edition (Limited Glow-in-the-dark Edition) (1985) (MGM)

A very nice haul there, b. :cool:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 11:53 AM

Completely agree -- an excellent selection of DVDs there.

mercury 15th April 2011 12:18 PM

Bought The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 143217)
Received... :)

Scarecrows (1988) (MGM)

Top, top film :pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 143254)
Bought The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

I still have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo kicking around unwatched. Is it any good?

Only really picked it up for the metal bookmark HMV exclusive.

mercury 15th April 2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 143262)
I still have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo kicking around unwatched. Is it any good?

I think it is a fantastic film. At best you'll love it, worst you'll enjoy it...I hope:)
I need to watch the second and third soon.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 143262)

Dragon Tattoo is excellent, the second instalment (Played with Fire) is a bit of a disappointment but then the third one (Hornet's Nest) is almost as good as the first and a fine way to end the trilogy. I've only seen them at the cinema but really want to rent them at the same time and watch them back to back. A better solution would be for the original Swedish TV films to be released in a Blu-ray box set.