Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd March 2023 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't seen this one in 30 years (seems to be a recurring theme in films I buy). Originally titled Timescape, and the one most UK viewers will know it by.

Attachment 245326

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2023 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple from the Air Ambulance shop yesterday. 50p each.

gag 24th March 2023 09:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
In a valley of violence £2 cex
Other 2, 2 for £5 from a market stall,
And wife’s bought me 2 banksy canvases.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th March 2023 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 683542)
In a valley of violence £2 cex
Other 2, 2 for £5 from a market stall,
And wife’s bought me 2 banksy canvases.

I like those canvases and quite fancy buying some for myself!

Have you seen Get Out and Black Mass before?

Jordan Peele is a brilliant filmmaker and Get Out was an extraordinary debut feature, an unnerving and thought-provoking film, and I thought both Us and Nope were very good.

Johnny Depp is terrifying as Whitey Bulger in Black Mass, a truly remarkable story showing (again) how the truth is often stranger than fiction.

gag 25th March 2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 683558)
I like those canvases and quite fancy buying some for myself!

Have you seen Get Out and Black Mass before?

Jordan Peele is a brilliant filmmaker and Get Out was an extraordinary debut feature, an unnerving and thought-provoking film, and I thought both Us and Nope were very good.

Johnny Depp is terrifying as Whitey Bulger in Black Mass, a truly remarkable story showing (again) how the truth is often stranger than fiction.

Yes I’ve only watched get out, and I liked it also enjoyed Us, but haven’t seen Nope yet, I like peele, it annoys me because ppl moan about state of films and need something new and fresh and when someone comes along and tries exactly that ppl moan, so for that alone I appreciate his work, he trying to be a tadge different and not same old same old etc, and no I haven’t seen Black mass yet and I’m a fan of true stories and when I say true stories I mean true that try and keep in right lines of the story and not based off, there’s a huge difference to me.

Nordicdusk 30th March 2023 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 245446

Just ordered from Second Sight.

J Harker 30th March 2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 683750)
Attachment 245446

Just ordered from Second Sight.

I'm annoyed that the only way to get the physical extras is to buy a 4K release I don't need or want.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2023 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 683755)
I'm annoyed that the only way to get the physical extras is to buy a 4K release I don't need or want.

At least you won't have to look at those terrible artcards.

Justin101 30th March 2023 03:30 PM

I like the one with Martin sporting his plastic fangs. I’m never going to use those card for anything but I like them. The book itself is really good, over 100 pages with a great mix of essays and behind the scenes photos, and a section of worldwide posters and vhs artwork. There is the CD as well but I already have the soundtrack on LP so again I’m not going to listen to that. Turned out to be an expensive lol haha.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 683761)
I like the one with Martin sporting his plastic fangs. I’m never going to use those card for anything but I like them. The book itself is really good, over 100 pages with a great mix of essays and behind the scenes photos, and a section of worldwide posters and vhs artwork. There is the CD as well but I already have the soundtrack on LP so again I’m not going to listen to that. Turned out to be an expensive lol haha.

I hate all the promo material for Martin. That Made in America artwork is horrendous as well. Official but that doesn't make it any good.

There's not a single piece of artwork i like for Martin. It could be a reason i never bother watching the film.