Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 31st March 2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683841)
I didn't know Hong Kong Rescue were still going.

I didn't know they'd started up. Never heard of them but I'm definitely interested in those two releases.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2023 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 683844)
I didn't know they'd started up. Never heard of them but I'm definitely interested in those two releases.

They are grey market. Some guy who restores them himself then adds on every extra he can find from previous titles.

He got a terrible rep at one point never sending discs out and so on and his site is now closed down. It's a wonder he hasn't been done for copyright on the extras.

J Harker 31st March 2023 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683846)
They are grey market. Some guy who restores them himself then adds on every extra he can find from previous titles.

He got a terrible rep at one point never sending discs out and so on and his site is now closed down. It's a wonder he hasn't been done for copyright on the extras.

Yeah I just had a nose on Google and found much the same. First entry was about scams.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

trebor8273 31st March 2023 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Arrived from eBay.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2023 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Recent arrivals; I've seen all of them before except Saraband For Dead Lovers and intentionally bought the US Buried BD because it's in the correct aspect ratio – the UK one is in 1.85:1 instead of 2.35:1, so there is information missing from the edge of the picture

J Harker 31st March 2023 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 683859)
Recent arrivals; I've seen all of them before except Saraband For Dead Lovers and intentionally bought the US Buried BD because it's in the correct aspect ratio – the UK one is in 1.85:1 instead of 2.35:1, so there is information missing from the edge of the picture

Um....it's been years, the cinema in fact since I've seen Buried. I seem to recall the screen was blank for the majority of the running time?

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 683859)

Did you manage to preorder Saraband when Amazon had it priced incorrectly at a tenner?

Dave 1st April 2023 03:35 AM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683841)
I didn't know Hong Kong Rescue were still going.

I think they’re finished. I got these on eBay from a seller based in the UK. Not the original HKR releases but exact replicas (minus the scanavo cases). Not like the originals were official anyway lol.

Dave 1st April 2023 03:41 AM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683846)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 683853)
Yeah I just had a nose on Google and found much the same. First entry was about scams.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Yeah some people were lucky enough to receive their discs 12-18 months after ordering whilst others never received anything. He never replied to messages and in a lot of cases only posted out discs once a PayPal dispute was raised.

I figured this was the only way I was ever going to see these movies in HD and received the discs a few days after placing my order on eBay.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st April 2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 683865)
Did you manage to preorder Saraband when Amazon had it priced incorrectly at a tenner?

Yes, thanks to your heads-up. They honoured that price so it cost me £10 rather than the £14.99 it's currently priced.

:thankingyou: