Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 20th April 2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 144501)
Ha, seems like this was Alien 2 night last night! You're the 3rd person including me who watched that disk last night! :)

Pants film amazing blu!

I wonder if we all out it on at exactly the same time?

Yeah, the film is a bit dull (I don't think they knew how to end it) but couldn't get over how good it looked, it was effing incredible. can't wait to see what they have lined up next.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 10:45 AM

The postman just brought the BU Blu-ray releases of The Prowler and Dead & Buried, plus the US Taxi Driver Blu-ray.

Pete 20th April 2011 01:01 PM

Wahoo! the postman has just delivered the German dvd of Lamberto Bava's MONSTER SHARK.

Oh and the Eureka BD of VENGEANCE IS MINE.:cool:

nekromantik 20th April 2011 02:00 PM

received my Living dead at Manchester morgue blu today!

Pete 20th April 2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 144577)
received my Living dead at Manchester morgue blu today!

Oh great film, do let us know how the bd looks.

nekromantik 20th April 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 144578)
Oh great film, do let us know how the bd looks.

might watch tonight :)
not sure yet.

I seen dvdbeaver review and it did look pretty good!

Nemesis 20th April 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Oh and the Eureka BD of VENGEANCE IS MINE
Really like that one - MoC's releasing Pigs and Battleships in June; the end of that one is a real hoot :nod:

pedromonkey 20th April 2011 02:40 PM

received The Damned (Hammer) today, planning on watching it tonight..

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 144582)
received The Damned (Hammer) today, planning on watching it tonight..

A very good film.

Leman 20th April 2011 04:37 PM

Alien 2 On Earth arrived today along with the replacement Beyond. Thats 3 days running of amazing drops from the postie!

Quote:

Did all that come in one go? Nice selection, especially the Hammer Horror Collection and Kim Newman's Nightmare Movies, a book which I have in paperback.
Yep entire lot in one very heavy box. Spent ages de-wrapping them all then looking inside and at the back and have a nose through the books. The Nightmare Movies there is the new Edition with the updated "New Nightmares" segment at the back continuing through the 90s and bringing it up to date. What I've read seems a little scatter-shot but the quality of Newman's writing is always worthwhile. As is his passion for the subject material.

I don't know when I'll actually have time to fit in watching the Night Blu but I will report back on its quality when I do.