Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th April 2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 146432)
I really want that Criterion edition of Repulsion. What's the best place to get Criterion blurays? They always seem so expensive.

I bought Repulsion from PlanetAxel; it came to about £22 including postage which seems a lot, but for a Crit Blu of Repulsion, it was definitely worth it in my eyes! ;)

Plus, Axel's one of the few places you can buy from without running the risks of customs charges.

Before PlayUSA folded, they used to sell the majority of their Criterion Blu-Rays for £17.99 delivered - wish they were still going... :(

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th April 2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 146435)
This look interesting

I'd been meaning to pick it up for a while after buying the Corman Blus of Forbidden World and Galaxy of Terror last year.

Humanoids is a fun flick, that I haven't seen since the days of VHS, so am very much looking forward to watching it in its full HD glory! :pop2:

The Blu is Region A locked, though.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th April 2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 146438)
I'd been meaning to pick it up for a while after buying the Corman Blus of Forbidden World and Galaxy of Terror last year.

Humanoids is a fun flick, that I haven't seen since the days of VHS, so am very much looking forward to watching it in its full HD glory! :pop2:

The Blu is Region A locked, though.

I thought Humanoids from the Deep was a great laugh which I just about everything you'd want from a Roger Corman movie.

As for the Repulsion Blu-ray, I think a trip to Planet Axel is in order!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th April 2011 07:58 AM

My limited edition box set of The Monster Squad arrived this morning. It's a beautiful set with four Hardboxes in a cool cardboard case; mine is #59 of 100. I'll try and get some decent photos and put them on here and Facebook.

Nemesis 28th April 2011 09:17 AM

Ordered:

Silent Naruse
Devil Hunter
Confessions
IP Man blu

Received:

Doctor Who - Seeds of Doom
Scott Pilgrim
Ghost in the Shell 2.0/Innocence Blu

robertzombie 28th April 2011 09:56 AM

6 Attachment(s)
The latest HMV / CEX haul :D

I was quite pleased with the prices as well, all of that came to £21 :) Not too bad in my book. The one thing I don't like about CEX though is they cover the cases in stickers! Thankfully the Uxbridge branch has stopped putting those "We Buy" ones on the cases, I always found those notorious to tear off. I daren't buy anything in a card sleeve from them though, think of the possible sticker damage! :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th April 2011 09:58 AM

Excellent selection -- I love They Live.

BioZombie 28th April 2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 146456)
I love They Live.

Who doesn't? :cool:

nekromantik 28th April 2011 10:26 AM

TL us amazing!!

I need that on blu!!
The UK disc was a badly made upconverted mess!
Italian disc I not sure if its english friendly on extras.

Leman 28th April 2011 11:58 AM

Repulsion is available for £20.99 delivered from movietyme.

MovieTyme - Repulsion: The Criterion Collection DVD - Criterion

Its where I got mine. The disc is amazing, it looks incredible.