Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2011 06:56 PM

The small black one was its Uk pre cert release.

I Like the French one.

Kyle 30th April 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147240)
Not 100% but I'm sure that middle one is just a mock cover made by a fan.

yeah i think your right pete!

the french one is great Demdike

Pete 30th April 2011 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but DORM comes with a reversible cover featuring the original PRANKS art:

Attachment 8876

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147247)
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but DORM comes with a reversible cover featuring the original PRANKS art:

Attachment 8876

That is very cool Pete. Looks like it's not only Shout Factory that have jumped on the Arrow reversible artwork bandwagon then! Haven't read any reviews yet, what title is featured on the film?

Pete 30th April 2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 147248)
That is very cool Pete. Looks like it's not only Shout Factory that have jumped on the Arrow reversible artwork bandwagon then! Haven't read any reviews yet, what title is featured on the film?

Death Dorm :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotoZOMBIE (Post 147212)
Have you seen the Citizen Toxie: Toxic Avenger IV documentary Stephen? Kaufman has people almost in tears! :shocked:

Yeah I have. Perhaps it was that one I was thinking of.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147249)
Death Dorm :)

Doesn't matter what side you use :lol: I might pick it up just for the artwork then. :)

Pete 30th April 2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 147251)
Doesn't matter what side you use :lol: I might pick it up just for the artwork then. :)

:D

The artwork is the only reason to pick it up (Synapse done a great job with the transfer and everything but the film is rubbish).

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st May 2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147252)
:D

The artwork is the only reason to pick it up (Synapse done a great job with the transfer and everything but the film is rubbish).

Kind of agree with this. Pranks is in no way a great film, but is more of a nostalgia trip for me, having not seen it in years (plus I'm a a bit of a Slasher freak).

The above reason, the fact that the artwork is pretty good, and the fact I try and support Synapse as much as I can with these type of releases = guaranteed purchase for me. :nod:

I'm betting that a lot of people will go in buying this one blind, and come out the other end a bit disappointed! ;)

bdc 1st May 2011 12:40 PM

Keep in mind that this Death Dorm version is a more complete and bloody version. ;)
I'm going to give this a spin today.