Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 1st May 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 147327)
Kind of agree with this. Pranks is in no way a great film, but is more of a nostalgia trip for me, having not seen it in years (plus I'm a a bit of a Slasher freak).

The above reason, the fact that the artwork is pretty good, and the fact I try and support Synapse as much as I can with these type of releases = guaranteed purchase for me. :nod:

I'm betting that a lot of people will go in buying this one blind, and come out the other end a bit disappointed! ;)

It wasn't a blind buy - I saw it back in 2004 and thought it was crap and I hoped the BD would change my opinion of it. Sadly it didn't.

Like yourself, I want to support Synapse (and any cult label that takes a risk with these titles) and i'll certainly be picking up any blu's they release in the future (I'll definitely be ordering their upcoming release of THE IMAGE)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st May 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147334)
It wasn't a blind buy - I saw it back in 2004 and thought it was crap and I hoped the BD would change my opinion of it. Sadly it didn't.

I knew it wouldn't be a blind buy for a Vipco veteran like yourself Pete! ;) :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147334)
Like yourself, I want to support Synapse (and any cult label that takes a risk with these titles) and i'll certainly be picking up any blu's they release in the future (I'll definitely be ordering their upcoming release of THE IMAGE)

Yep, I'll also be getting their release of The Image. :nod:

I currently have the DVD, so will probably be putting that one up for sale/trade.

I think Synapse are also planning a BD of Twins of Evil this year too, so that will be an essential purchase when/if released.

Pete 1st May 2011 01:04 PM

:lol:

I've not seen THE IMAGE but I've heard good things. Throw the old dvd on e-bay, it goes for silly money these days. Sell it and use the money to live like a king!:D

I must get around to ordering VAMPIRE CIRCUS.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st May 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147339)
:lol:

I've not seen THE IMAGE but I've heard good things. Throw the old dvd on e-bay, it goes for silly money these days. Sell it and use the money to live like a king!:D

I've seen it go for around 40 on eBay before, however with the Blu now announced prices are down to around a tenner on Amazon marketplace! :ohwell:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147339)
I must get around to ordering VAMPIRE CIRCUS.

It's a fantastic release (really nice transfer), but is Region A locked unfortunately.

Pete 1st May 2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 147342)
I've seen it go for around 40 on eBay before, however with the Blu now announced prices are down to around a tenner on Amazon marketplace! :ohwell:

It's a fantastic release (really nice transfer), but is Region A locked unfortunately.

That's a shame. :(

Region restrictions aren't a problem for me ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st May 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147343)
That's a shame. :(

Region restrictions aren't a problem for me ;)

Nor me. ;)

I have a feeling any future Hammer releases will be region restricted, due to the varying territory-restricted rights issues.

Pete 1st May 2011 01:21 PM

I would imagine so.

I'm sure we'll see UK bd's at some point.

Pete 1st May 2011 04:10 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Over the last few days I've ordered:

Attachment 8886 Attachment 8887 Attachment 8888 Attachment 8890 Attachment 8891 Attachment 8889

I'm going to try and make that my last for a while.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st May 2011 04:56 PM

Man of Violence is a great little thriller. I only have the dvd, but its a well put together package.

Pete 1st May 2011 07:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I managed to last 3 hours before giving in to temptation. Just ordered:

Attachment 8893 Attachment 8894

I really need to have stronger willpower!