Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 6th May 2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 148667)
Zavvi are still selling some of them for £5.85 each. I bought Man Of Violence, Red Desert, and Saturday Night/Sunday Morning. Unfortunately Salo is not amongst the £5.85 selection.

CLICK

yeah Salo gone to £15 :eek:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th May 2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 148688)
yeah Salo gone to £15 :eek:

That'll teach me for hesitating and not buying it from Play.com when it was only a fiver. Hopefully it'll drop down to that price again in one of the numerous online sales.

nekromantik 6th May 2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148691)
That'll teach me for hesitating and not buying it from Play.com when it was only a fiver. Hopefully it'll drop down to that price again in one of the numerous online sales.

ditto
it was on Zavvis Mega Monday deals for 2 weeks in a row but not seen it on since.

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148682)
Yup, I own 472 and have about five on the way!

I have 280 and watched all but 2 of them. Got to pace yourself Nos :lol: , I've been collecting blu's since before they were even seen on these shores. At one point I was buying 3 or more a week. When I lost my job I had to scale back, and even now, after I'm working again, I've never got back in my groove so to speak. I dread to think how many I'd have now if I'd kept at it. Your to watch pile will soon pass the halfway mark of your collection. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 06:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm over the 300 mark,but including dvds,I must have at least 200 films to watch!

Another 'book' I'll be picking up is this classic.
Front and back covers below!:cool:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 148724)
I'm over the 300 mark,but including dvds,I must have at least 200 films to watch!

Another 'book' I'll be picking up is this classic.
Front and back covers below!:cool:

Is that the upcoming Canadian release Reaps?

I was thinking of picking that up too...

I ordered my first US mediabook yesterday: The Original King King - really looking forward to that one arriving. :happy:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 10:46 AM

I've been holding off buying A Clockwork Orange due to the debate over the image quality and less than stellar extra features. However, with a set looking as fine as that one does, I think the time to upgrade is over!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 148699)
ditto
it was on Zavvis Mega Monday deals for 2 weeks in a row but not seen it on since.

Give it time as Zavvi (or someone like that) will probably put it back up on a Mega Monday deal or a Summer Savings Sale (or words to that effect)!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148755)
Give it time as Zavvi (or someone like that) will probably put it back up on a Mega Monday deal or a Summer Savings Sale (or words to that effect)!

I doubt it - a lot of these BFI discs are going OOP, and fast!

I've picked a few up recently, but a couple of others I've had my eye on are now pretty pricey. Apparently they are going to re-release them as Blu/DVD combos in the future, but some without the extra features.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 148756)
I doubt it - a lot of these BFI discs are going OOP, and fast!

I've picked a few up recently, but a couple of others I've had my eye on are now pretty pricey. Apparently they are going to re-release them as Blu/DVD combos in the future, but some without the extra features.

It might be time to bite the bullet and pick them up with the extra expense. I don't mind paying an extra quid or so, but I'm not going to spend 15 quid on Salo.