Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 7th May 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148759)
It might be time to bite the bullet and pick them up with the extra expense. I don't mind paying an extra quid or so, but I'm not going to spend 15 quid on Salo.

I agree.
£15 for that movie is a lot not to mention the EE and DNR

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 12:02 PM

I watched Herostratus last night and thought it was really good, so will look to buy that and The Red Desert arrived (also from Lovefilm) this morning so I'll give that a watch this weekend before deciding whether to have my own copy.

nekromantik 7th May 2011 12:16 PM

I got 97 blus.
Will be 99 soon with I Saw The Devil US and Tru Blood Season 3!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148763)
I watched Herostratus last night and thought it was really good, so will look to buy that and The Red Desert arrived (also from Lovefilm) this morning so I'll give that a watch this weekend before deciding whether to have my own copy.

Herostratus is also one I'm after Nos. You'd be looking at about £15 for it, compared to the £6 it was a few weeks ago... :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 148768)
Herostratus is also one I'm after Nos. You'd be looking at about £15 for it, compared to the £6 it was a few weeks ago... :(

Grrr! I might have to give that one a miss and wait for the reissue. If I'd known that, I would have kept it a bit longer and gone through the extra features.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 148766)
I got 97 blus.
Will be 99 soon with I Saw The Devil US and Tru Blood Season 3!

I really want True Blood Season 3 and the fourth season of Mad Men but, as I have True Blood Seasons 1 and 2, plus Mad Men Season 3 which I've already seen but now have on Blu-ray sitting unwatched, I'll wait until I've seen those.

oaxaca 7th May 2011 01:25 PM

Got 114 BDs myself (including 5 pre-orders). 42 of which are horrors and 31 are from the 1980s (according to bluray.com stats :p)

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
City of the Dead arrived today.

I already have Horror Hotel, but this is two mins longer, and has a chat track by Christopher Lee and a 45 min interview with the great man.

Its also produced by the BFI . BFI = quality.

KPWNINJA 7th May 2011 03:14 PM

Purchased City of Life and Death (2009) on Blu-ray from Tesco for £6 yesterday! :p

Also bought City of the Living Dead (1980) on Blu-ray which arrived today! :)

nekromantik 7th May 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148774)
I really want True Blood Season 3 and the fourth season of Mad Men but, as I have True Blood Seasons 1 and 2, plus Mad Men Season 3 which I've already seen but now have on Blu-ray sitting unwatched, I'll wait until I've seen those.

You will love TB!
Season 3 is the best out of first 3 imo
it gets better every year. Season 4 starts in the US next month I cant wait!!

I wanna pick up Supernatural on blu but I will wait till xmas for any deals
amazon made a price mistake on the 1- 5 collection for £60!!! for 2 days but unlike HMV they honerd that price for those who placed a order but I missed out