Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 7th May 2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148928)
Thanks! It doesn't say so, so I presume it doesn't, but do you know if that has the director's commentary that is on the UK and US releases?

Seems there's no commentary on the Dutch dvd...

"Holland - Green Cow / Paradiso

4:3 transfer, with mono English audio and Dutch subtitles. Extras: trailers; World of Hammer episodes Sci-Fi and Trials of War. Available separately, or as part of the Hammer Box #1 set (which contains Quatermass 2, The Quatermass Experiment, Frankenstein Created Woman, Dracula - Prince of Darkness and Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter)" (Zeta Minor)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 148934)
Seems there's no commentary on the Dutch dvd...

"Holland - Green Cow / Paradiso

4:3 transfer, with mono English audio and Dutch subtitles. Extras: trailers; World of Hammer episodes Sci-Fi and Trials of War. Available separately, or as part of the Hammer Box #1 set (which contains Quatermass 2, The Quatermass Experiment, Frankenstein Created Woman, Dracula - Prince of Darkness and Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter)" (Zeta Minor)

That's okay, I'm not too bothered about the commentary. Thanks for the link -- ordered!

bdc 7th May 2011 08:39 PM

No problem. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 148946)
No problem. ;)

I'm used to this place costing me a fortune by now!

necroluciferia 8th May 2011 10:47 AM

Recent purchases:

Blind Beast
Caligula
Tesis
Martin
Peeping Tom
Santa Sangre
Bad Biology

Daemonia 8th May 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 141835)
Half Past Dead is great fun, only problem for me was Ja-rule, he really annoyes the hell out of me, but Morris Chestnut was cool. Ive amassed about 8 pre 2001 Seagal movies, just need Marked For Death, Fire Down Below, On Deadly Ground, The Glimmer Man, Hard to Kill and Under Siege 2 now.

Try and avoid the UK DVDs of those, as most of them are cut by the BBFC. Under Siege 2 had nearly 3 minutes trimmed for the UK release.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2011 11:35 AM

I've just pre-ordered the US Blu-ray of A Clockwork Orange and ordered the BU BD of Vigilante. I'm still looking at the cheapest way to buy a DVD of Walking the Edge.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2011 01:33 PM

I've just checked my bank account and I really must watch my spending for the rest of the month -- it's easy to lose count of money when it's all virtual!

necroluciferia 8th May 2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 149027)
I've just checked my bank account and I really must watch my spending for the rest of the month -- it's easy to lose count of money when it's all virtual!

Know that feeling too well! For the record, my bank account really hates these forums :laugh:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necroluciferia (Post 149032)
Know that feeling too well! For the record, my bank account really hates these forums :laugh:

So does mine now! I've probably spent more on DVDs and BDs throughout April and the first week in May than in any other five-week period in my life! From now on, unless it is something about to sell out or is extremely limited, I'm just going to have to tell myself to wait until June -- self-control is clearly the order of the day!