Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150108)
I purposefully hadn't bought any of them (except 2001), as I'd had my eye on picking some up for a while now.

There's a few more I want to get too, plus I've just done a search over at Blu-Ray.com, and they've released a lot more titles than I thought.

I'm the opposite as I saw them for a good price and bought them, not thinking about the possibility of better artwork from across the pond. At the moment, I'm trying to just as new titles to my collection rather than double dips. That is unless a film I own and really like has a great Blu-ray release such as North by Northwest and the Alien series.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150116)
I'm the opposite as I saw them for a good price and bought them, not thinking about the possibility of better artwork from across the pond. At the moment, I'm trying to just as new titles to my collection rather than double dips. That is unless a film I own and really like has a great Blu-ray release such as North by Northwest and the Alien series.

The only Blu double dips I've got lined up so far is Arrow's Bird and Shameless' New York Ripper with their Blue Underground counterparts.

I know what you mean Nos, the temptation of a cheap release has befallen me at times, but I'm trying to be stricter on myself in regards to Blu-Ray buying than I was with DVD; I don't want to start double and triple dipping again!

However, I took a very 'wait and see' attitude with the Blu format, and have only been seriously collecting them about a year (hence my relatively small collection). This has meant that I have been able to be more choosey with my purchases, analysing the multiple releases of the same film from different countries rather than just snapping up the first available release.

Also, I'm in no hurry to bulk buy Blu, I'm enjoying picking certain titles and choosing the subsequent editions/packaging as I go. I'd almost say I'm enjoying buying Blu more than I used to DVD.

I'm also looking at getting this next, irrelevant of the fact that the UK release is £7.99 delivered from Amazon. :loco: :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150127)
I'm also looking at getting this next, irrelevant of the fact that the UK release is £7.99 delivered from Amazon. :loco: :D

That looks like an excellent set -- if it has the same features as the R1 Special Edition DVD, an 'upgrade' is definitely in order. I wonder if it will stay at that price.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 07:25 PM

Ordered.:cool:

Definetly won't be ordering Near Dark anytime soon though.....:happy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 150164)
Ordered.:cool:

Nice! :thumb:

Quote:

Saving up for the Twilight Trilogy, instead eh? ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

All sold out have they??

get the Twilight steel book from Amazon instead.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 07:33 PM

I've just read a review of the US release and it looks really cool with a hefty book, a lengthy booklet and art cards to go with the disc which contains a feature length documentary which has only been seen on a Scandinavian laserdisc up until now! I don't think the UK release comes with all that so an import is definitely the way to go.

tollickd 12th May 2011 07:39 PM

Stuff that arrived today:

I am legend ultimate edition US blu-ray
Psycho UK blu-ray
The omen trilogy UK blu-ray
Dead and buried BU release
Quiet day in clichy BU
Daughters of darkness BU
DVDs
Cannibal holocaust 2-disc GE old cover not the new one
The house by the cemetery Arrow!!!
The Ten Commandments LE

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 07:50 PM

Nice haul! My copy of Poultrygeist arrived today, disappointingly in a blue case rather than the green one that has been pictured on numerous websites. I'm hoping it will fit well with Zombeak! only with better picture and sound quality.

bdc 12th May 2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150200)
Nice haul! My copy of Poultrygeist arrived today, disappointingly in a blue case rather than the green one that has been pictured on numerous websites. I'm hoping it will fit well with Zombeak! only with better picture and sound quality.

I don't think any of the Troma bd's was released in a green case.
Maybe they planned it originally that way but had trouble getting green cases?