Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th May 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150460)
If you don't mind me asking, where from and how much?

Amazon marketplace (all your music): £12.65 inc. shipping.

keirarts 13th May 2011 05:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Probably been mentioned on here already but I just got..

Attachment 9105

Alien 2 alien on earth, released on a region free blu-ray by midnight legacy stateside and it looks magnificent!

Not much in the way of extras but the transfer is phenomenal, it literally looks way better than a dodgy 80's italian alien cash in has any right to. Job well done and highly recommended.

Also check out mill creeks discs. Their better known for releasing dodgy vhs rips of public domain fodder but lately they've dipped their toes in theb blu-ray market and done a bang up job so far!

Attachment 9107 Attachment 9108

Both go for between 6-7 quid on amazon and their region free. They all lack extras but look AMAZING. Well worth picking up!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th May 2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150522)
Amazon marketplace (all your music): £12.65 inc. shipping.

Thanks, I'll have to seriously consider buying that.

bdc 13th May 2011 05:55 PM

I'm considering Galaxina/Crater Lake Monster,already own the Gamera double bill. ;)

PaulD 13th May 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150393)
How many of the first 20 'spine builder' discs do you have now?

Now I have 10 in total:

New York Ripper
Phantom of Death
Torso
The Black Cat
Manhattan Baby
Night Train Murders
The Designated Victim
Strip Nude for Your Killer
Oasis of Fear
Footprints on the Moon

I also have Flavia the Heretic coming shortly thanks to a trade on here with Rotten so soon to be 11, over halfway there! The Fulci ones are from the Box of Terror so will need to sort them out in order to make the spine builder when I get a few more.

Today I also bought Sergio Leone's Fistful of Dynamite (MGM Special Edition) as it was only £2 in a local 2nd games/dvd shop. I've not seen it so am looking forward to giving that a watch soon.

I'm also about to order The Beyond on bluray (not too bothered if I get the B&W opening, I can always sort the replacement out)

I'm saving to go back to uni at the end of the year so am having to be really strict with dvd purchases for the next few months, something which is made all the harder when I come on here and see all the wonderful stuff you guys have ordered! Unless I see a really good deal or something on eBay for a couple of quid I think that's me sorted for the next month.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th May 2011 06:09 PM

I know exactly how you feel as, when someone recommends a film, I feel compelled to check out the best version and the best price before seriously considering buying it!

As for the Shameless discs, you really should look at the cheapest way to buy the other nine as they look awesome on a shelf with the logo running across the spines. I have a picture of them around here somewhere.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th May 2011 06:14 PM

I can't find it, so here's the picture again along with my (then) Arrow collection and the Roger Corman Collection:

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/w...ollections.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th May 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 150542)
I'm considering Galaxina/Crater Lake Monster,already own the Gamera double bill. ;)

I don't suppose there's any point asking if they are are any good and worth buying if you're considering a double-dip! What sort of films are they? They look a little like the Roger Corman ones -- are they?

PaulD 13th May 2011 06:19 PM

Bearing in mind I just said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 150543)
I'm saving to go back to uni at the end of the year so am having to be really strict with dvd purchases for the next few months, something which is made all the harder when I come on here and see all the wonderful stuff you guys have ordered!

and now I see that fantastic-looking Roger Corman collection with the spine-builder and the array of fantastic films, you just make it even more difficult!

Is Slumber Party Massacre just the first film or all three by the way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150546)
As for the Shameless discs, you really should look at the cheapest way to buy the other nine as they look awesome on a shelf with the logo running across the spines. I have a picture of them around here somewhere.

Yeah, I'm watching a few of them on eBay so fingers crossed! They do look awesome on your shelf like that Nos, I'm a stickler for neatness and order to that sort of thing really appeals to me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th May 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 150551)
Is Slumber Party Massacre just the first film or all three by the way?

It's just the first one with a non-anamorphic picture and no extra features. That's why I'm considering the American Roger Corman Cult Classics DVD which is anamorphic and has a commentary. I received some of these ones for review and bought the rest to complete the set as I couldn't just have half of them!