Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 13th May 2011 07:08 PM

Actually I only own Galaxina on dvd.
Both are from Crown International (I usually love Crown films).

Have a peek.
Enjoyable nonsense imo and the bd is very cheap. :biggrin:

YouTube - Galaxina (1980)

YouTube - Crater Lake Monster (Trailer)

keirarts 14th May 2011 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 150542)
I'm considering Galaxina/Crater Lake Monster,already own the Gamera double bill. ;)

Well worth it for crater lake alone. Galaxina is available on dvd in a special edition with commentary where as the blu-ray is bare bones. The trade off is the special edition version is shorter and missing some scenes, the blu-ray is the longer international cut.

Crater lake was previously available on dvd from rhino with phenomenal picture quality, the blu-ray takes that and really ups the ante picture quality-wise. Plus its a movie thats tons of fun as well.:)

I highly reccomend it!

P.s, theirs also a couple of spaghetti western double bills they have released. One has django on it and is unavailable while the other is still on there for a cheap price...

Attachment 9111 no idea how it looks, but going by the other releases so far it should be good.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150556)
It's just the first one with a non-anamorphic picture and no extra features. That's why I'm considering the American Roger Corman Cult Classics DVD which is anamorphic and has a commentary. I received some of these ones for review and bought the rest to complete the set as I couldn't just have half of them!

The Cult Classics set is a great release. Well worth a purchase.

bdc 14th May 2011 09:14 AM

The Django double bill bd was seemingly never released (probably due to BU having the North American rights).

BioZombie 14th May 2011 09:47 AM

Ordered the Blue Underground dvds of Mannaja: A Man Called Blade and Companeros. Really looking forward to see these along with Django Strikes Again, which should be dropping through my post box any day now.

My Spaghetti Western is growing pretty quickly a the moment.

Pete 14th May 2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150458)

According to the Midnight Legacy blog it's cut:

Midnight Legacy - News and Updates

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 150628)
The Cult Classics set is a great release. Well worth a purchase.

It's in my wishlist at Amazon.com.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 150662)
According to the Midnight Legacy blog it's cut:

Midnight Legacy - News and Updates

:ack: Thanks for the forewarning, Pete. It sounds like a really shoddy, cobbled together release - amazing really, considering the amount of delays this one has received!

When it arrives, I'll give it a spin to see if it has the faults mentioned in that blog, and if so then onto eBay it will go!

Pete 14th May 2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150666)
:ack: Thanks for the forewarning, Pete. It sounds like a really shoddy, cobbled together release - amazing really, considering the amount of delays this one has received!

When it arrives, I'll give it a spin to see if it has the faults mentioned in that blog, and if so then onto eBay it will go!

It's a real shame but apparently a better release is coming. From ML's Facebook:

Quote:

All will see this film done right, I assure you. From the negative (unlike this horrid 2002 HD master, complete with ridiculous judder, horrible audio issues, and again missing footage), and uncut

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 150669)
A real shame but ML posted this on Facebook:

Maybe Dolph over at Midnight Legacy received an uncorrected pre-release version? It would also explain why this title has been delayed so many times (it was originally due out the end of last year).

For anyone looking to pick this up, better hang on and I'll let you know how my version is when it arrives (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).