Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 14th May 2011 11:13 PM

Anyone think speciality releases like beyond the darkness should include notes on the restoration on the disc or in liner notes?

It could help avoid a lot of situations like these...

nekromantik 14th May 2011 11:51 PM

Just used me £5 voucher towards I Saw The Devil US blu!!

PaulD 15th May 2011 08:14 AM

Just bought Ratman on eBay. Wooha! Shameless collection growing by the days.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 150897)
Just bought Ratman on eBay. Wooha! Shameless collection growing by the days.

How far are you from having the complete set of the first 20 now?

Ratman is a crazy movie -- completely trashy and low budget, but I like it!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 150880)
Just used me £5 voucher towards I Saw The Devil US blu!!

How did you get a £5 voucher (was that for Planet Axle)? It's a title I really want to buy and will do shortly just so I can watch the two versions back-to-back and see if the differences do massively change the film or not.

nekromantik 15th May 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150918)
How did you get a £5 voucher (was that for Planet Axle)? It's a title I really want to buy and will do shortly just so I can watch the two versions back-to-back and see if the differences do massively change the film or not.

nah it was a $10 amazon US voucher so around £5 :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 150923)
nah it was a $10 amazon US voucher so around £5 :)

I see. Isn't $10 more than £5 with today's exchange rate? Anyway, enough of this digression, it's one I want to buy for completist reasons and to do a comparison.

nekromantik 15th May 2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150943)
I see. Isn't $10 more than £5 with today's exchange rate? Anyway, enough of this digression, it's one I want to buy for completist reasons and to do a comparison.

well the US disc contains the removed scenes from the Korean version as extras (in SD) so its not a huge loss really. After seeing the comparison website I dont think im loosing anything with International version and gaining something with US. The sex scene on the US extras seems to be a different version then Korean according to people on Bluray.com.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 150944)
well the US disc contains the removed scenes from the Korean version as extras (in SD) so its not a huge loss really. After seeing the comparison website I dont think im loosing anything with International version and gaining something with US. The sex scene on the US extras seems to be a different version then Korean according to people on Bluray.com.

All the more reason for me to have both versions!

nekromantik 15th May 2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150946)
All the more reason for me to have both versions!

:lol:

I wish I could double dip