Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 150951)
:lol:

I wish I could double dip

Strictly speaking, it won't be a double-dip as I didn't pay for the UK release, which was a check disc supplied for review without any packaging. I feel I owe it to myself to own a proper copy!

nekromantik 15th May 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150952)
Strictly speaking, it won't be a double-dip as I didn't pay for the UK release, which was a check disc supplied for review without any packaging. I feel I owe it to myself to own a proper copy!

ah lucky u!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 150954)
ah lucky u!!

There's no such thing as a free disc as, in order to have that, I had to watch it, make notes, write the review, take screencaps, set up the disc in Web Plus and then post it. It's several hours of work for one BD!

nekromantik 15th May 2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150958)
There's no such thing as a free disc as, in order to have that, I had to watch it, make notes, write the review, take screencaps, set up the disc in Web Plus and then post it. It's several hours of work for one BD!

:lol:

well some people would rather do that then have to miss out on it cause of lack of funds.

PaulD 15th May 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150915)
How far are you from having the complete set of the first 20 now?

12 down, 8 to go!

Pete 15th May 2011 02:35 PM

I thought RATMAN was awful and not in a so bad it's good way - it's just shit.

PaulD 15th May 2011 03:05 PM

Also just purchased The Eye and Hershell Gordon Lewis' The Gruesome Twosome, for the total sum of £4 on Playtrade. Really want to get all the Tartan Asia Extreme/Terror dvds now.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 150979)
12 down, 8 to go!

Which are the eight on your 'to buy' pile?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 150982)
I thought RATMAN was awful and not in a so bad it's good way - it's just shit.

I'm one of those who classifies it as 'so bad it's good' and enjoyed it despite its numerous flaws and ludicrous premise. It's far from the best film Shameless have released, but I think it has its charms.

PaulD 15th May 2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 150988)
Which are the eight on your 'to buy' pile?

Killer Nun
Venus in Furs
The Frightened Woman
My Dear Killer
What Have They Done to Your Daughters?
Who Saw Her Die?
Watch Me When I Kill

Baba Yaga: The Final Cut

The ones I've bolded are ones I'm really looking forward to seeing, as opposed to ones I'm buying because I'm intrigued by anything Shameless puts out and want to give them a go, if that makes sense.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 04:51 PM

You're in for a treat -- they are all excellent titles, even those which you say you're not desperately after!

I don't know of the day will ever come, but I really want some spare time so I can do a marathon viewing session of the initial 20 films in order.