Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sam 15th May 2011 05:29 PM

Recently picked up When a Stranger Calls (1979) and a pre-cert VHS of Swamp Bait (aka Gator Bait), which looks like an interesting entry into the 'hicksploitation' sub-genre. Think I'll check out the latter tonight :popcorn:

Sam 15th May 2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 151017)
Recently picked up When a Stranger Calls (1979) and a pre-cert VHS of Swamp Bait (aka Gator Bait), which looks like an interesting entry into the 'hicksploitation' sub-genre. Think I'll check out the latter tonight :popcorn:

Well, just finished Swamp Bait and it's cut to ribbons! It seems like whole parts of the film were removed entirely, including important plot elements, which renders the whole thing a little confusing. I checked on the BBFC website and it was definitely cut but they don't say by how long :confused:. It's a shame because it seems like a half-decent film - it'd be great if someone like Code Red could pick this one up for a DVD release :pray:

bdc 15th May 2011 07:54 PM

That's a shame,Gator Bait is a good one imho.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 151043)
Well, just finished Swamp Bait and it's cut to ribbons! It seems like whole parts of the film were removed entirely, including important plot elements, which renders the whole thing a little confusing. I checked on the BBFC website and it was definitely cut but they don't say by how long :confused:. It's a shame because it seems like a half-decent film - it'd be great if someone like Code Red could pick this one up for a DVD release :pray:

Have you thought about putting it in the 'Should Arrow release...' thread?

Sam 15th May 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151048)
Have you thought about putting it in the 'Should Arrow release...' thread?

Might just do that Nos, worth a try :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 151090)
Might just do that Nos, worth a try :nod:

It can't hurt and, if it gets going like other threads in that section, it will inevitably come to Arrow's attention which will help his chances of being released in a white case.

I haven't seen so it'll get my vote! The only question is: DVD or Blu-ray, or both?

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2011 10:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These were behind the door when i came in this morning.

Argentofan 16th May 2011 05:16 PM

Black Swan - blu ray.

Pete 16th May 2011 06:03 PM

Does anyone have the US blu of THE TERMINATOR and, if so, what is the quality like?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 151216)
Black Swan - blu ray.

I really want that and I'm just comparing the US version with the UK one to decide which one to buy and then where from I imagine I'll have ordered it before the week is out.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.