Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 17th May 2011 07:43 AM

I too like "Blue Sunshine" it's kind of like a 70s Cronenberg film but not, if that makes any sense.

BE, have you seen Lieberman's "Satan's Little Helper"? A rather fun subversion of the slasher film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 07:50 AM

So, one worthwhile trip to eBay and a copy of each bought and paid for. I went for the AWE Nothing Underneath and picked up the R1 two disc box set off Blue Sunshine from Australia.

Pete 17th May 2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151367)
Very nice Pete. :thumb:

Nothing Underneath's a nice sleazy little giallo - really enjoyable, plus the AWE DVD is pretty good.

I love Blue Sunshine, so much so, that I try and recommend it to anyone who will listen. :D Lieberman's best film imo.

Cool, look forward to seeing them. :)

Pete 17th May 2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151374)
So, one worthwhile trip to eBay and a copy of each bought and paid for. I went for the AWE Nothing Underneath and picked up the R1 two disc box set off Blue Sunshine from Australia.

I got them from here at a really good price:

Another World Entertainment » Campaigns » Movies, TV-series » Boostep webstore

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151364)

I've been meaning to pick up Se7en on Blu-ray for ages -- is that a US media book or is it Canadian? This might be the time I make the upgrade!

antmumford 17th May 2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 151283)
I take those card slipcases off all my BD's.
There's a stack of them in a cupboard somewhere.....

You should stick them on eBay mate. There is a whole heap of enthusiasts that are after slips for Blu-rays and you can get a bit of money for the rare ones ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 151372)
I too like "Blue Sunshine" it's kind of like a 70s Cronenberg film but not, if that makes any sense.

BE, have you seen Lieberman's "Satan's Little Helper"? A rather fun subversion of the slasher film.

I love Satans Little Helper, picked it up in poundland a couple of years ago, with about ten other films, it was the only one i kept from the batch.

Its a well made Halloween slasher.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 151365)

3 Great pieces of artwork there, Pete.

Can't judge the films as i haven't seen any of them. :doh:

nekromantik 17th May 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 151372)

I loved Satans Little Helper!
Such a cool lil flick!

Demoncrat 17th May 2011 10:28 AM

ive got an old vhs of Blue Sunshine, hmmm.
anyway i watched The Prowler (or Rosemarys Killer), the BU one. liked, pre mtv pacing and all. tis a xmas present anyhow, well it would be cough cough..:(