Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 151372)
I too like "Blue Sunshine" it's kind of like a 70s Cronenberg film but not, if that makes any sense.

I actually completely understand what you mean! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 151372)
BE, have you seen Lieberman's "Satan's Little Helper"? A rather fun subversion of the slasher film.

I have, and it is a pretty good film - certainly stands out amongst most of the post-millennium slasher dross. :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151374)
So, one worthwhile trip to eBay and a copy of each bought and paid for. I went for the AWE Nothing Underneath and picked up the R1 two disc box set off Blue Sunshine from Australia.

Your to-watch pile must be Everest-like, Nos :D

Didn't realise there was an Australian release of Blue Sunshine; I have the Limited Edition 2 disc Synapse release.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151377)
I've been meaning to pick up Se7en on Blu-ray for ages -- is that a US media book or is it Canadian? This might be the time I make the upgrade!

Well... the short explanation is: I'm not sure!

I ordered it from iNet video at the weekend, which is a Canadian company. However, the version they seem to be selling is the US release, plus iNet have shops and distribution in the US. Also, shipping from the US->UK is generally easier and cheaper than shipping from CA->UK, so I'm expecting the US release.

If the Canadian release does arrive instead, I won't be too bothered, as the only differences are French as well as English text on the back, and 'Sep7' instead of 'Se7en' on the spine (the front cover is the same).

I got it pretty cheap from iNet too, compared to what it usually sells at (Axel has it for over £20).

antmumford 17th May 2011 12:02 PM

Using the new 20% off code for Sainsburys I preordered (all on Blu-ray):

Star Wars: The Complete Saga £54.39

Scarface (1983) [Limited Collector's Edition Box] £28.79

Stanley Kubrick Collection £28.79

Black Swan £11.99

127 Hours £13.59

The Fighter £11.99

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 151412)
Scarface (1983) [Limited Collector's Edition Box] £28.79

That's a good price - I think I'm going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order with Sainsbury's instead.

Cheers ant. :)

Also, do you know whether Sainsburys take the money for pre-orders straight away, or do they wait until dispatch?

keirarts 17th May 2011 12:10 PM

Is the us version of seven on blu-ray any better than the uk one. I got that from tescos for 7quid and it looks fantastic.
Are there more extras or something?

antmumford 17th May 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151414)
That's a good price - I think I'm going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order with Sainsbury's instead.

Cheers ant. :)

Also, do you know whether Sainsburys take the money for pre-orders straight away, or do they wait until dispatch?

It said that they pre authorise the money in your account but only take the money out when the item is despatched. Not sure what this preauthorising involves. It might just be a check to make sure you have the funds at the time of purchasing maybe. :confused:

the blob 17th May 2011 12:16 PM

The Se7en digibook I have has both Canadian and US ratings on the back sheet and is all in English so should be the same. I think it's because there's no French language track so it's not compulsory to be dual in Canada.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 151416)
Is the us version of seven on blu-ray any better than the uk one. I got that from tescos for 7quid and it looks fantastic.
Are there more extras or something?

Not as far as I'm aware, I mainly bought it for the artwork and digibook style packaging. :crazy:

I'm loving some of these digibook packages, but am trying to limit myself to only buying my favourite films.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 151418)
The Se7en digibook I have has both Canadian and US ratings on the back sheet and is all in English so should be the same. I think it's because there's no French language track so it's not compulsory to be dual in Canada.

Cheers blob! :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 151417)
It said that they pre authorise the money in your account but only take the money out when the item is despatched. Not sure what this preauthorising involves. It might just be a check to make sure you have the funds at the time of purchasing maybe. :confused:

Sounds strange - might be like sometimes on Paypal when they hold a £1 until the payment has cleared. :confused: