Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 17th May 2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151421)
Sounds strange - might be like sometimes on Paypal when they hold a £1 until the payment has cleared. :confused:

I found this in their terms and conditions:

9.10 We will not charge your credit or debit card until we despatch your order, however, your card issuer may reserve funds in your account against the order. If the order is cancelled, we will cancel our ability to call on those funds. Your card issuer will not instantly release those funds as it is standard Banking practice to wait for the original authorisation to expire. Please contact your card issuer for details on their policy.

In the event that a number of Products are purchased in an order and there are different dispatch dates then your credit card or debit card will be charged on those different dates.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151409)
I Your to-watch pile must be Everest-like, Nos :D

Didn't realise there was an Australian release of Blue Sunshine; I have the Limited Edition 2 disc Synapse release.

My list of unwatched discs is imposing! Everytime I think I've made a dent in it, I just look at the list I've created in Word and don't know where to start.

I don't think it is an Australian release -- I think it is the Synapse release but just shipped from Australia.

Adding to that pile of unwatched discs is the Limited edition (46/99) German Handbook of Don't Panic which was delivered about half an hour ago.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151411)
I got it pretty cheap from iNet too, compared to what it usually sells at (Axel has it for over £20).

I've never used them before but, at only $11.99 delivered, I decided it would be rude not to so have ordered a copy.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151434)
I've never used them before but, at only $11.99 delivered, I decided it would be rude not to so have ordered a copy.

I think it was about $7.95 postage to the UK, Nos.

Still damn cheap though! :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151431)
My list of unwatched discs is imposing! Everytime I think I've made a dent in it, I just look at the list I've created in Word and don't know where to start.

I don't think it is an Australian release -- I think it is the Synapse release but just shipped from Australia.

Adding to that pile of unwatched discs is the Limited edition (46/99) German Handbook of Don't Panic which was delivered about half an hour ago.

I know how you feel!

I'm trying to impose the rule of 'watching more than I buy' on myself this year, which is actually going quite well at the moment; possibly due to the fact that I've recently joined Love Film!

It'd be great to see a pic of that Hardbox, Nos. :nod:

mr 420 17th May 2011 03:22 PM

Bizarre, I see you have got the Holy Mountain bug! What did you think of it? It's one of my favoutite movies of all time, a film who's power does not diminish the more you see it. I could watch the scene where he (the hero) ascends the tower to reach his redemption time and time again. A true classic of subversive cinema.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 151453)
Bizarre, I see you have got the Holy Mountain bug! What did you think of it? It's one of my favoutite movies of all time, a film who's power does not diminish the more you see it. I could watch the scene where he (the hero) ascends the tower to reach his redemption time and time again. A true classic of subversive cinema.

It's a classic; and even though I slightly prefer Santa Sangre, The Holy Mountain is also one of my favourites of all time. I was extremely pleased when Anchor Bay/Starz announced they were going to release it on Blu-Ray, and it is a really worthy upgrade. Fantastic film. :cool:

Now I want to see someone release Fando y Lis on Blu! :rockon:

nekromantik 17th May 2011 04:34 PM

I used the 20% sainsburys voucher for Tru Blood Season 3!! £24.99

But I doubt I will get it on release as they said in an email they not "allowed" to post pre-orders more then 24 hours before release which means Friday.

bdc 17th May 2011 06:14 PM

Received another CR dvd... ;)

Doom Asylum (1987) (Code Red)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 06:38 PM

Picked up these today;
PERRIER'S BOUNTY
BULLIT
VALKYRIE
and Malick's
THIN RED LINE.