Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 18th May 2011 04:50 PM

I thought it looked rubbish and cheap tbh
but thats just my opinion :)
so I went for the Salvation steely wen it came out

The Alien egg is bar far the best looking movie blu/dvd package item.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 151679)
The Alien egg is bar far the best looking movie blu/dvd package item.

I thought that too until I bought the Italian From Dusk till Dawn limited edition set and the Django limited edition 'coffin'. The Inception briefcase is also an excellent set. Mind you, if you want something to give people a start when they walk in your room, you can't beat a life-size T-600 head!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2011 08:55 PM

That From Dusk set you have is nothing short of brilliant Nos.

I would pick up the Bladerunner case before the Inception one though - it has more goodies with it.

nekromantik 18th May 2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151717)
I thought that too until I bought the Italian From Dusk till Dawn limited edition set and the Django limited edition 'coffin'. The Inception briefcase is also an excellent set. Mind you, if you want something to give people a start when they walk in your room, you can't beat a life-size T-600 head!

I like the From Dusk Till Dawn set but the coffin aint that impressive imo and inception UK briefcase is not like the one in the film, the german one was more true to the film.

In any case I still prefer the Alien egg as im a HUGE alien fan so a briefcase or coffin wont make me as excited :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 11:13 AM

Decent haul this morning:
Almost Famous (BD)
Easy A (BD)
King Kong: US Mediabook (BD)
The Legend of Boggy Creek (DVD)
Samuel L Jackson collection (DVD):
- Shaft
- Changing Lanes
- Rules of Engagement
I, Robot: 2 Disc Special Edition
The Manchurian Candidate (remake)
Wind Chill
Bug

The last five, from the Samuel L. Jackson collection to Bug, were bought in a sale at DVD.co.UK so cost me £10 for the lot!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 11:40 AM

Nice one Nos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151769)
King Kong: US Mediabook (BD)

I'm hoping mine will be waiting for me when I get home from work!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151769)
[B]Wind Chill

I think Wind Chill is a great little claustrophobic horror, very creepy and eerie.
Be interested to hear what you think when you have seen it, as a lot of folks don't have much love for it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 151797)
I think Wind Chill is a great little claustrophobic horror, very creepy and eerie.
Be interested to hear what you think when you have seen it, as a lot of folks don't have much love for it.

I've seen it a few times -- I think I rented it some time ago and caught it more recently on Sky Movies and it is a really atmospheric horror film which would have worked very well as a double episode of The Twilight Zone. It was part of an offer so it really only cost me 70p if you include the three Samuel L Jackson films as three films rather than one box set! Emily Blunt is really good in Wind Chill and it is one of those films where, once you reach the end, you desperately want to watch it again.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 01:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I had three arrive in the post this morning.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151777)
Nice one Nos.

I'm hoping mine will be waiting for me when I get home from work!

It has indeed arrived!

As has my Beyond the Darkness Blu.