Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 152843)
Contemplating getting the BD of Hatchet: Unrated Director's Cut from PlanetAxel. Any recommendations? Or should I avoid like the proverbial plague. I know next to nothing about it, not even seen a trailer.

You're pretty much in the same position as me, except I really want to like a film with such an exploitative title!

As regards Once Upon a Time in the West, its Region All status makes it an even more attractive purchase so just have to look at a few sites to see who is selling it cheapest.

keirarts 25th May 2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 152731)
Last night I watched the Mill Creek blu of the spag western 4 DOLLARS FOR REVENGE and it wasn't bad. The transfer wasn't the best with lots scratches and scuffs on the image but considering how obscure the film is it's better than nothing.

I might watch the other film on the disc THE LAST GUN tonight.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago, not nearly as impressed with them as I was with the galaxina/crater lake double bill or gamera. Fortunately at about 6-7 quid they weren't dear.

keirarts 25th May 2011 08:13 AM

Looking at all the criterion discs and very tempted, trouble is their region locked! Unfortunately my budget only extends to a ps3...

Ah well, bought wild bunch and the getaway instead :)

broonage 25th May 2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 152846)
You're pretty much in the same position as me, except I really want to like a film with such an exploitative title!

As regards Once Upon a Time in the West, its Region All status makes it an even more attractive purchase so just have to look at a few sites to see who is selling it cheapest.

Adam Green's film? Yes you should watch it!
Check out Frozen too.

nekromantik 25th May 2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 152861)
Check out Frozen too.

I loved frozen!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 152861)
Check out Frozen too.

I've always been curious about Hatchet and I also love Frozen but can see why it is such a Marmite film.

broonage 25th May 2011 01:18 PM

Fright Rags have signed an exclusive deal with Green! Cool!

tollickd 25th May 2011 02:39 PM

CAT O'NINE TAILS BU release, now in stock in diabolikdvd!

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 152940)
CAT O'NINE TAILS BU release, now in stock in diabolikdvd!

Niiiiiiice.

Buying dvds and blu-rays is like opening a tube of Pringles sometimes......once you pop, you can't stop! Just ordered another 2 BD's, Maniac and New York Ripper from Blue Underground. And yes, I will get the Shameless New york Ripper BD too. :) The only question is, do I get my Maniac dvd or BD signed by Caroline Munro? Hmmmmmmmm

Argentofan 25th May 2011 06:32 PM

Tales From The Crypt seasons 1,2,3,4 and 5.
Grapes of Death
Northern Exposure season 1
The Young Ones season 2
Omega Man blu ray

oh and L.A Confidential blu ray free with L.A Noire.