Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd January 2010 10:18 PM

I've heard some great things about the transfer for Braveheart so It's definately on my to buy list :nod: And I'd like to know how the Optimum Evil Dead 2 looks too,if it's better than Anchor Bay's disc,which I own and looks like someone has thrown a layer of frozen grain over the whole picture :eek:

vincenzo 2nd January 2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 55868)
I've heard some great things about the transfer for Braveheart so It's definately on my to buy list :nod:

The previous BBFC cut has been waived for the Braveheart release. :cool:

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd January 2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 55871)
The previous BBFC cut has been waived for the Braveheart release. :cool:

The scene in question has always made me uneasy.Funny that,with all the violence if seen in films,but there's just some things that i dont like seeing.

vincenzo 2nd January 2010 10:48 PM

Yes throat slashings were never popular with Mr Ferman. Especially for a 15. Surprising that much of the later violence in the film was left intact.

BioZombie 3rd January 2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 55865)
Has anyone got the UK Optimum Blu-ray of Evil Dead 2? What's it like?

I have it and am not overly impressed with the picture or audio quality.

Sam 3rd January 2010 09:45 AM

Watched the remake of One Missed Call on Blu Ray last night, after picking it up for £4.50 in W H Smiths. Not exactly a classic but I kind of enjoyed it. The Blu Ray transfer was flawless but the disc was bare bones.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd January 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 55889)
I have it and am not overly impressed with the picture or audio quality.

I'll just stick with my Anchor Bay disc I think :nod:

I quite enjoyed One Missed Call too.Definately nowhere near the best horror remake out there but at least the phone ringtone in this one was a little better than the original IMO :lol:

Rob Strange 3rd January 2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 55865)
Has anyone got the UK Optimum Blu-ray of Evil Dead 2? What's it like?

It's almost laughably noise reduced. Ash and co are now wax.

The Anchor Bay THX dvd is much better.

Daemonia 3rd January 2010 01:50 PM

Thanks for the replies - I'll avoid all current Blu-ray's of Evil Dead 2 then. I'm sure there'll be a decent remaster down the line.

BioZombie 3rd January 2010 05:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just picked up a couple of films in HMV

I got the Dragon Dynasty version of King Boxer and a film that I had to buy once I saw the title Teenage Hooker Becomes a Killing Machine a Korean revenge film that aparantly has shades of Tetsuo and Eraserhead. Should be an interesting watch