Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 26th May 2011 08:02 AM

Just bought Two Thousand Manics (Tartan) on eBay for a couple of pounds. It's OOP and about a tenner everywhere else so thought I'd give it a go. Going through a bit of a Herschell Gordon Lewis phase at the minute even though there's always a lot left to be desired with his stuff

PaulD 26th May 2011 01:31 PM

Also just bought Macabre to add to my Arrow collection. I'm starting to think that dvd-buying is becoming a sickness with me, especially since I'm trying to be saving!

Prince_Vajda 26th May 2011 02:13 PM

I ordered The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Blue Underground Blu-ray) yesterday. Read some reviews and watched the trailer and came up with something like: "Hey, how could I ignore that flick for so long?" ;)

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 153132)
I ordered The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Blue Underground Blu-ray) yesterday. Read some reviews and watched the trailer and came up with something like: "Hey, how could I ignore that flick for so long?" ;)

Greetings!

It's one that I've had on DVD for a while and only recently upgraded to the Blue Underground BD. I was amazed by the outstanding picture and sound quality and, as a BD is the only way of coming closest to holding all the information from the 35mm print, I don't think it will ever look any better when viewed in the home.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 153132)

Greetings!

Has to be one of the best BD's out there.Absolutely amazing!
You'll think you're sitting outdoors in the Lake District!

Pity about the cover art though.....:(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 153164)
Has to be one of the best BD's out there.Absolutely amazing!
You'll think you're sitting outdoors in the Lake District!

Pity about the cover art though.....:(

Very true -- the AV quality is as good as any BD I own.

However, you're right about the cover art. I imagine a teacher would say 'Could do better'!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 06:08 PM

My A Clockwork Orange Digibook came today and an extremely impressive package it is too. The only thing to do now is watch the film and see if the AV quality matches the packaging!

Sam 26th May 2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 152994)
I just noticed your post at the top of the page with some excellent purchases -- I was amazed at how good Taxi Driver looks and Bernard Hermann's score has never sounded better. I have most of those you've bought but Mother's Day is still in my wishlist at Planet Axel.

I'm desperate to see Taxi Driver on blu ray but will hold out until the UK edition is released in a couple of weeks.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 07:08 PM

If it's anything like the US Digibook, you're in for a treat.

bdc 26th May 2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 152982)
I got Star Crash for free by using my Axel Rewards points, which was a bonus! :D

Nice one BE!
And remember:
-Confirm delivery: + 100 points
-Pay in Cad Dollar: receive bonus points
:)